Using a Secure Folder for ADAM

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Hello,

I'm using a file library field. I'd like to use a secure folder for uploading the files. I tried creating a folder and setting that in the "Paths" field, but it still uploads to the "adam" folder. Is there a way to use a secure folder?

Thanks,

Mike
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2016 at 8:03 AM
As of now I can only think of 2 solutions and you would have to try them
  1. create a secure folder inside adam for this app that you want secured
  2. put all of adam in a secure folder
May 2, 2016 at 8:17 PM
Thanks... I tried creating a folder in adam for the app - that seems to have worked well.

The only trouble is that the .Url in the razor template generates a non-working URL because it needs to use linkclick (unless I'm mistaken). Are those not being generated by DNN's file manager?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike
May 2, 2016 at 8:28 PM
Quick Update: If it helps anybody else... I realized that AdamFile inherits DNN's FileInfo class... So, I added a bit to my Razor template to use FileManager.GetUrl(pic), where pic is the file from Adam... and that got the right Url.

For the 2sxc team: I wonder if it would make sense just to use the DNN file manager to generate the URL in Adam all the time...?

Thanks,

Mike
Coordinator
May 3, 2016 at 5:55 AM
@Mike - I believe we are already using dnn to generate the url for us. Could you look into it a bit more and give us feedback, what seems to happen and what could be improved (and how)?

A short answer would be great, a pull-request even better