App with 2 views not working

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:02 AM
DNN 8
2sxc 8.2.3
I'm confused, I have an app and the app has 2 views/templates both using the Default Data Pipeline. The main view works fine. When I add an instance of the app to another page however it just says 'No demo item exists for the selected template' I thought it would load the items in the Default Data Pipeline? If not how do i get this to work as i need to show the same list items on two different pages using 2 different templates.

I have tried creating a new pipeline in query designer but but whenever I click Run Query i get an internal server error 500 set.min.js?sxcver=08.02.03:93 GET http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.co.nz/desktopmodules/2sxc/api/eav/PipelineDesigner/QueryPipeline?appId=8&id=823 500 (Internal Server Error)

Thanks!
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2016 at 6:53 AM
A few thing so we can help you.

First of all, please update to 2sxc 8.3.6, it fixes a HUGE dnn bug related to JS caching, which could cause any kinds of random further errors.

Then, please post a screenshot of your template settings and of your pipeline, + ideally a sceenshot of the pipeline test-values.

Thx
Apr 5, 2016 at 5:14 AM
Hi there, sorry for the late reply, I had to jump onto another project.

I upgraded the module as you suggested and did a quick test on a default data pipeline in query designer and it seems to work OK now.

I upgraded to 8.3.7

I haven't had a chance to see if the data displays as expected on different pages using different views yet however so will report back once I do.

After using the new version 8 of 2sxc the user interface is great and i love the template editor. Very cool stuff!
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2016 at 8:23 PM
Glad you like it. We're working on some really, really cool stuff in 8.4, so stay tuned :)