Error after upgrading to 8.2.3...

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:36 PM
Edited Mar 11, 2016 at 8:38 PM
After upgrading to v8.2.3 (on DNN v07.04.02 (216)) I'm receiving the below exception when viewing a previously working 2sxc angular App:

ExceptionMessage: "'object' does not contain a definition for 'StaticName'"
ExceptionType: "Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException"
Message: "An error has occurred."
StackTrace: " at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object )
↵ at ToSic.SexyContent.WebApi.AppContentController.PerformSecurityCheck(String contentType, PermissionGrant grant, Boolean autoAllowAdmin)
↵ at ToSic.SexyContent.WebApi.AppContentController.GetEntities(String contentType, String cultureCode)
↵ at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
↵ at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass13.<GetExecutor>b__c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
↵ at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)"

I downloaded the 2sxc Content source code and the exception is thrown during the call to the 'StaticName' property of the dynamic object ct, from line 71 of the AppContentController.cs, shown below:
var staticNameIsGuid = Guid.TryParse(ct.StaticName, out ctGuid);
Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016 at 5:47 AM
Your error can have a few different reasons, but apparently the object ct is not what the api is expecting. Before I write too much, i recommend that you go to the newest (not fully released) 8.3.4 which has various refactoring on that layer, and also includes PDB files in the distribution, so you'll get more details on errors.

I'm guessing whatever your issue it's already fixed, or otherwise you'll get more details.
Mar 15, 2016 at 2:54 AM
Thanks for the prompt response.

I think the issue may have been that I attempted to upgrade to pre release v8.3.4 first, and after the upgrade, I received a different error when viewing the app (sorry I don't recall what that error was), so I decided to downgrade to the stable version, by first removing the 8.3.4 extension. However I don't recall if I checked the option to delete files during uninstall, so that may have been the culprit. Sorry for not mentioning that in my previous message, but I was doing this over the course of a few days and just forgot about the previous upgrade to v8.3.4, until you mentioned it as a possible fix.

In any event, since this was a test environment, and I had an export of the 2sxc app, I just created a new test site, and imported the app after installing 8.3.4 and all seems to be working again.

Once again thanks for your help!
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2016 at 8:27 AM
It was actually very likely a JS caching issue. We basically uncoupled all js caching in 08.03.06 because of this.