Help with first App and Visual Query Designer

Aug 10, 2015 at 7:52 AM
I have an app with a content type called Home. Home contains 2 records so far.

I created a token template with no content type and then using Visual Query Designer I set up a data source called Get All Houses to get all the houses. After some hours of trial and error and following the Employee Directory App example and the Visual Query Designer video I managed to get my data pipeline set up and it returns all records for the Home content type. Hurrah!

What I can't get to work is then displaying those records inside a repeater in my token template. If I just use <repeat></repeat> I get an error that it cannot find Data:Default. If I do this <repeat repeat=""></repeat> I get the first record returned from my data pipeline only.

I note in the Employee example the templates just use <repeat></repeat>to display the records so I must be missing a step somewhere.

Could anyone help to point me in the right direction? I feel like I'm close but just can't get the data to repeat inside my template.
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2015 at 3:40 PM
@Duo
First of all, the old <repeat> without a specifier is old. You should use the <repeat repeat="Data:Default">

Second: the word "Default" is the name of the stream in your visual designer, which maps to the target (the top box in your visual designer). If the system says it doesn't find "Default" then the stream name is probably different - maybe something you named manually like "Employees" or "Homes" or something.

So just match those names, and you should be good to go :)
Marked as answer by Duo on 8/11/2015 at 4:55 PM
Aug 11, 2015 at 11:55 PM
Thank you! I'll start using the new repeat token.

I wasn't understanding that the name of the stream was what I should use, also I had it wired to ListContent at the top rather than Default (Duh) which when tested in visual design returned the correct results but not in the template. Everything is working correctly now.