Problem with Entity as a field

Jun 6, 2015 at 5:25 AM
Edited Jun 6, 2015 at 5:31 AM
DNN 7.2.2 2sxc 6.4.0

I have a content type Person, which is about people.

I have a content type Company, which is about a company. It contained a field CompanyPerson that was defined as the entity Person.

I was able to add a Person to a Company by selecting from the dropdown list.

I added a second field, CompanyPerson2, which was also defined as an entity Person.

Now, the dropdown for CompanyPerson2 has only "choose" and "new" as choices. Not the people from the Person content type. Worse, when I edit a Company, the CompanyPerson entry has a big red X and "Entity Not Found".

I made a Test content type with Person as an entity field. I don't get the dropdown with the list of people with this one. Only "choose" and "new"

How do I fix this? (Updating to 2sxc 7.1.1 doesn't change anything.)
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2015 at 8:03 AM
So to rephrase it
  1. you have two entity-fields - both should show person
  2. the first one works, the second one not
just to clarify
  • are they select-1 or multiple fields?
Can you test 2-3 things
  1. do you get a JS error (check js console)
  2. does the UI try to request the lists from the server once per dropdown (check fiddler/network)?
  3. would it work, if you would set the second dropdown to choose another content-type (like Company)? or would that fail too?
Thanks,
Jun 6, 2015 at 12:55 PM
Actually, the first was working. I added a second. Neither works. And, now one content item with only one Person field doesn't work either.

Here's the JS error: XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://mysite.com/DesktopModules/2sxc/API/EAV/EntityPicker/getavailabl…ities?appId=4&attributeSetId=64&moduleId=868&portalId=0&tabId=219&zoneId=4. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://www.investedinc.org' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 401.

(This is after upgrading to 2sxc 7.1.1)
Jun 6, 2015 at 1:53 PM
So ... visiting the site with the non-www url works fine.
Coordinator
Jun 8, 2015 at 8:34 AM
So to 99% this is some portal-configuration issue. Different urls, the 2sxc uses the "main" url but because you were working on another, it didn't work.

So I guess case solved :)
Jun 8, 2015 at 6:54 PM
Yes.