Entity Title

Jun 3, 2015 at 8:30 PM
I am working on a content type that has an entity field to choose from a content type of persons.
The persons content type has separate first name and last name fields. It's necessary for them to be separate because the people are ordered by last name in another template.

Since first and last names are separate, I can only choose from a list of first names when using this as an entity field. This won't work for us since we have some people with the same first name.

http://grab.by/HMWe

Using last name as the title field works for now since we all happen to have different last names, but that could change in the future.

So eventually, I need either a way to have a custom entity title, or find a way to extract a last name from a single full name field into a variable in a template.
Jun 3, 2015 at 10:04 PM
With these type of content types I usually have a filed that I call UniqeTitle and set that as the title field

and tin there you use just first + last name and the other fields you keep as you want them to

Armand
Coordinator
Jun 4, 2015 at 6:13 AM
I suggest a similar solution
FullName (title field)
FirstName
LastName

You'll actually have cases where you need the fullname in the output, because the fullname is not always firstname + lastname; depends a lot on the cultural background etc.