Copy Content

May 13, 2015 at 4:21 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to duplicate a page and copy over the content in the Apps. If I try to just use the DNN tool to copy a page (using either the copy or the reference options for the App modules) it carries over empty Apps. Is there a way to easily carry over content? I see that on lists you can just "replace with other content", but that would required to do it one-by-one and it's hard to tell what's what by the titles. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Leonardo Tanoue
Coordinator
May 15, 2015 at 10:46 PM
Please specifify what version of 2sxc you're using - the options vary from 6 to 7.

And just so we solve the right problem: you're trying to create unlinked copies of the content, or are you trying to to re-display the same content elsewhere? Same portal or other portal?
May 18, 2015 at 2:31 PM
I'm currently updating from 6.6.6 to 7.0.2 by the end of the week. And I'm trying to create unlinked copies of the content. Sorry for not being specific the first time around!
Coordinator
May 18, 2015 at 5:15 PM
So you would like to create a real copy of the content-items on a page or module, so that editing them in the new place will not affect the old ones.

ATM there is no such functionality in 2sxc - sorry.

Of course if you would script something - we would appreciate a contribution :)
May 21, 2015 at 2:43 PM
If I knew how to I would!

Thanks for the help though.