How to use 2 layout templates on the same page. 2SXC 6.6.4

Apr 1, 2015 at 2:07 AM
DNN 7.4.0
2SXC 6.6.4

I have pages with more than 1 instance of the module on them. I set up a Content Type called Product List. This content type has 2 layout templates associated with it, one called Product List and another called Product List Simple. For the most part I am using Product List as the layout template. When I go to Change Layout / Template and select the Product List Simple template the layout changes, I click the save icon and it appears to have set the new template on that instance of the module but when I refresh the page it is still set to the Product List template, the change doesn't stick.

Note this works fine on a page with only 1 module instance. Is this expected behaviour or am i missing a step here?

Many thnaks,
Andrew
Apr 1, 2015 at 7:57 AM
This looks like it may be list templates that have this issue? The simple content sample templates switch fine. I've also discovered is not because there are multiple instances of the module on the page.
Apr 1, 2015 at 9:36 AM
Hi Duo

This does not sound like it's by design. Could it be that your other template doesn't support all the features (like it may not be a list-template, or expect a different type of list-header or presentation item...?)
Apr 15, 2015 at 12:41 AM
Looks like it may be a bug as I'm not the only one with the problem: https://sexycontent.codeplex.com/discussions/629070

My templates are both token templates too, both set up the same way.
Apr 28, 2015 at 6:03 AM
Could you give us a test-link & login so can try it live? info@2sxc.org
Apr 28, 2015 at 6:24 AM
Sure, have emailed you details.
Apr 29, 2015 at 2:13 PM
I'm also having that problem but for me it only happens on Razor Templates. (I'm converting all my Apps to Razor after learning of how much more I could do with it). Please share if you find what's causing the problem.