How to optimize performance?

Feb 28, 2015 at 10:49 AM
I converted a few pages which were created with the html module to 2sxc content (6.6.4), and I noticed that it is now much slower than before. Plain rendering time for the html increased from 200ms to 1.5-5 sec.
The "fastest" page, which takes now 1.5 sec to complete the page, consists only out of 8 instances of 2sxc content (including 2 layout elements / lines), 16 entities in total.
The templates are either Razor or Token scripts.
Any idea?
Feb 28, 2015 at 11:11 AM
It looks like that even the simplest template (Layout element / line) adds about 200ms of processing time.
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2015 at 7:00 AM
You're the second user to report this - but we haven't had noticable problems, but again this may be subjective as you get used to a specific speed.

Matteo is currently research this, but mainly on the App-mode https://github.com/2sic/2SexyContent/issues/164

We'll put this in high priority.
Do you experience this in edit or in view-mode?
Mar 2, 2015 at 8:18 AM
It doesn't depend on edit or view mode.

I am glad to read that you give high priority on this, an I am willing to help you as much as possible.

I did some similar measurements as Matteo. I added a stopwwatch to SexyViewContentOrApp, and I didn't find anything which helped me. For Layout element - line, the most time is spent inside engine.render, about 30ms on my installation.
This doesn't explain the numbers for the whole slowdown.

I also installed a few older versions of 2sxc, starting from 4.0.4. I can tell you that the issue is not new. However you need a number of instances of 2sxc before it turns into a problem.

I am going to follow the discussion on github - it is very important for my current project that this issue gets solved.