Can't select correct Entity in the ListPresentation editor

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:56 AM
Edited Feb 9, 2015 at 11:56 AM
My "Main" entity has a property "Category" of type entity.
This Category is a separate list of EntityType "Category" which has a "Name" property.

Editing a single "Main" entry let me select an existing category, or create a new one.

But when I assign the EntityType to a ListPresentation Entity, I can't select any category:
The value is:
{{getEntityText(item)}}
And the dropdown lists:
-- choose --
-- new --
{{item.Text}}

What I expected is to see all categories form the app. So I could use the category to filter the presentation.

I'm I missing something?
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2015 at 1:35 PM
I'm guessing you're using tokens.

Sub-entities currently only work if you're using razor, as we don't provide a token-syntax yet (just didn't get round to it so far).
Feb 9, 2015 at 1:41 PM
No I'm using Razor.
But this has nothing to do with the template itself.
The settingsdialog itself isn't able to let me select something.
Screenshot: Image
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2015 at 1:47 PM
Ok, gotcha.

This is a javascript issue. Apparently AngularJS isn't running or loading in the edit-dialog. My guess is that you either need to clear your browser cache, try a different browser or see the JS-console for errors. Pls check and report back :)
Feb 9, 2015 at 2:02 PM
The same in IE11 and Chrome.
No unexpected errors in the debugger (Just for missing angular.min.js.map)
I have DNN 7.4.0 perhaps this makes a difference?
Developer
Feb 11, 2015 at 3:50 PM
I have just set up a new DNN 7.4.0 and Entity fields are working correctly...

Please download Fiddler and inspect the requests that are made while loading the edit dialog - maybe you can see an error there.
Feb 11, 2015 at 4:31 PM
Just to be clear: The problem only occures when editing a ListPresentation item.
there is no problem to use as normal item. (ListContent on the same page works as it should just in context of the ListPresentation not)
I can't see any errors with fiddler.
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2015 at 7:23 AM
@smeyer: thanks, that's an important info I had been missing so far. We'll look into it.