App lost his zone?

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Hi all,

Last week the 2SIC worked just fine. Strangely, the module crashed and seems to have lost its way. Without any modifications to the code it crashed. Uninstall, install latest (tried 651 and 652) didn't work.
  • adding the app module shows the install app button as usual. Clicking install button says it already has the apps and then stops working.
  • adding the content module gives an error:
Error: Content is not available
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: App with id 66 doesn't exist. Parameter name: appId ---> System.ArgumentException: App with id 66 doesn't exist. Parameter name: appId at ToSic.Eav.EavContext.InitZoneApp(Nullable1 zoneId, Nullable1 appId) at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyContent..ctor(Int32 zoneId, Int32 appId, Boolean enableCaching, Nullable`1 ownerPortalId) at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyControlEditBase.get_Sexy() at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyControlEditBase.get_Elements() at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyControlEditBase.get_Template() at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyControlEditBase.get_IsList() at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyViewContentOrApp.get_ModuleActions() --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

removing and adding the module again gives the same error but higher app ID's. So it seems that somehow the module lost its connection, doesn't find the reference, creates a new zone and than fails again.

Any ideas that can help finding/fixing the problem?

kind regards
Tycho
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Hi Tycho

Please
  1. Delete the apps in the app management
  2. Delete the folders in the 2sxc folder
...because if the folders are still there, it can't install new apps with the same folder. This happens if the app was installed, then 2sxc de-installed (and the app was never uninstalled)
Dec 17, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Hi Daniel,

No such luck :-(
Unstalled the modules, deleted the folders, installed the module again, added the content module to a page and get the same message (with different ID's)

DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: App with id 12 doesn't exist. Parameter name: appId ---> System.ArgumentException: App with id 12 doesn't exist. Parameter name: appId at ToSic.Eav.EavContext.InitZoneApp(Nullable1 zoneId, Nullable1 appId) at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyContent..ctor(Int32 zoneId, Int32 appId, Boolean enableCaching, Nullable`1 ownerPortalId) at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyControlEditBase.get_Sexy() at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyControlEditBase.get_Elements() at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyControlEditBase.get_Template() at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyControlEditBase.get_IsList() at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyViewContentOrApp.get_ModuleActions() --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

What should my next step be? Run a fresh DNN install and try again?
This might be the fastest way to move forward, on the other hand that way a possible bug is nog discovered. At the moment I don't have the install in TFS yet, so debugging is a bit of a drag. For next projects I'll start in TFS to provide more input en hopefully fixes as a good community member should :-)

hope to read soon.
Tycho
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Hi Tycho

With a new DNN it should work.

The problem you have is actually typical for install/uninstall of 2sxc, which leaves the Apps in a Portal. Remember that you may have multiple portals, and you might have deleted the wrong appps (from another portal than the one you're working on).

You could also just give me host access quickly, I think I should be able to resolve it asap. Or it would help me see if it's a bug. Send to info etc. 2sxc.org.

Best,
Daniel
Dec 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM
You're the best!
You've got mail

Tycho
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Just fyi: didn't get anything yet. info...2sxc...org
Dec 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM
How about now?
Please check spambox in case you have a rule 'ignore * from Netherlands' :-)
Developer
Dec 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM
You are using DNN 7.3.2, which contains a bug that causes the behaviour you described. These are the possible solutions:
  1. Update to DNN 7.3.4 which solves the issue (please uninstall 2sxc before upgrading)
  2. Fix the issue without upgrading – needs manual execution of an SQL script
    a. Uninstall 2sxc
    b. Apply the fix described here: http://www.dnnsoftware.com/community-blog/cid/155044/fixing-portalsettings-issue-on-multilingual-websites-in-dnn-732
    c. Install 2sxc again
Raphael
Dec 22, 2014 at 9:30 AM
The default apps are working again, thnx!

Kind regards
Tycho