2sxc History Feature not working?

Nov 18, 2014 at 9:00 PM
When I click on the "History" link in any 2sxc module, I see a list of versions, but when I click on "View" it just closes the popup and does not show any changes that have been made.

What is this supposed to do?
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2014 at 6:01 AM
I believe this is a bug - could it be that you don't have languages enabled in DNN? Version history currently still has a bug in that scenario.
Nov 19, 2014 at 1:13 PM
I have English (United States) enabled as my default site language. No other languages are installed.
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Yes, I believe that's a known issue.

see https://github.com/2sic/2SexyContent/issues/19

maybe you can add a comment or something.
Nov 19, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Is there a workaround for getting entity history to work and still keep only one language? Is this a matter of checking "Allow Content Localization" in Host Settings, or do I have to have another language installed for 2sxc to work?
Developer
Nov 24, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Hi grayspace, please insert a "Content" module on any page and the go to the Admin dialog. You will find a tab called "Portal & Languages". Enable the language there.

Note that the first language set active will be used as default language; this can't be changed anymore.
Nov 24, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Thanks Raphael, that did it. I haven't been using the Content module, and never saw that tab in any other apps. Seems like this should be turned on by default for us noobs! ;)
Developer
Nov 26, 2014 at 4:43 AM
Yes I know - those using just the App module won't ever see the language configuration. But we can't enable it by default because it can't be disabled anymore.