Install issue

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Tried to install the module on DNN 7.3.2., platform.
The installation runs into problems, (see below) are they already known issues?
Closing the dialogue box, I can see that the App module installed but not the content module.

If it's a known issue, please let me know.
If not, I see if I can find out why this happens.

kind regards,
(Congrats with your MVP status by the way :-)
Tycho

Stop Taak Installatie starten
Informatie Installatie starten - 2SexyContent
Informatie Installatie starten - Script
Informatie Begin uitvoer Sql
Informatie Backup van vorige versie wordt gemaakt - SqlDataProvider\01.00.00.SqlDataProvider
Informatie Aangemaakt - SqlDataProvider\01.00.00.SqlDataProvider
Informatie Uitvoeren01.00.00.SqlDataProvider
Informatie Start uitvoer Sql: 01.00.00.SqlDataProvider bestand
Mislukt SQL uitvoer leverde de volgende uitzonderingen op: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'DesktopModules'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteScriptInternal(String connectionString, String script) ClientConnectionId:b12a381a-308f-4640-af26-0338cf86f743 -- Script Block for 2SexyContent 05.05.00 Update -- --------------------------------------------- -- This SQL Script Block must be included in every .SqlDataProvider file -- for 2SexyContent <= 05.05.00 because of the rename of the internal -- module name. It does not have to be included for newer SQL scripts. -- This script changes the module name and the breaks the installation -- so the DNN cache is refreshed. After the upgrade is triggered again, -- the installation works. DECLARE @IsUpgradeFromPreviousVersion int SELECT @IsUpgradeFromPreviousVersion = CASE WHEN EXISTS(SELECT * FROM DesktopModules WHERE ModuleName = N'2SexyContent') THEN CAST (1 AS BIT) ELSE CAST (0 AS BIT) END If @IsUpgradeFromPreviousVersion = 1 BEGIN UPDATE DesktopModules SET ModuleName = N'2sxc' WHERE (ModuleName = N'2SexyContent') RAISERROR(N'Please run this upgrade again to finish the process. This is a necessary step because of the internal rename of the 2SexyContent module. ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** PLEASE RUN THIS UPGRADE AGAIN TO FINISH THE PROCESS. This is a necessary step because of the internal rename of the 2SexyContent module. **************************************************************************************************************************************************************************', 16, 1) RETURN END -- End of the Script Block for 2SexyContent 05.05.00 Update
Informatie Einde Sql uitvoer: 01.00.00.SqlDataProvider gereed
Informatie Sql uitvoer gereed
Mislukt Installatie mislukt - Script
Informatie Installatie mislukt - 2SexyContent
Informatie Installatie starten - 2SexyContent-App
Informatie Installatie starten - Module
Informatie Module Succesvol geregistreerd - 2sxc-app
Informatie Component succesvol geïnstalleerd - Module
Informatie Installatie starten - File
Informatie Backup van vorige versie wordt gemaakt - icon-app.png
Informatie Aangemaakt - icon-app.png
Informatie Component succesvol geïnstalleerd - File
Mislukt Installatie afgebroken - De nieuwe versie is ouder dan de geïnstalleerde versie
Informatie Installatie mislukt - 2SexyContent-App
Informatie Tijdelijke installatie map verwijderd
Start Taak Installatie mislukt
Nov 11, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Hi Tycho

Only can think of one issue that might cause this. Are you using the objectqualifier in your web.config, 2sxc does not support this.

Armand
2DNN
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2014 at 9:22 AM
HI Tycho

EIther it's the objectqualifier - like nokiko wrote...

or you're upgrading for an older version, and the error is ON PURPOSE because you should run the upgrade again - this is necessary because of the rename from "2sexycontent" to "2sxc"

Best,
Daniel
Nov 12, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Just finished fresh install without Object qualifier and works like a charm.
Thnx!

Tycho
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM
awesome :)
Nov 18, 2014 at 2:27 PM
How can I stop using objectqualifier? How is it done?
Nov 19, 2014 at 5:43 AM
Hi Daniel,
After installation and Module Loading in to the page I got this problem!

ModuleId:732
ModuleDefId:132
FriendlyName:Content
ModuleControlSource:DesktopModules/ToSIC_SexyContent/View.ascx
AssemblyVersion:7.3.2
PortalID:0
PortalName: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
UserID:1
UserName:xxxx
ActiveTabID:89
ActiveTabName:Media Gallerij
RawURL:/nl-nl/Media-Gallerij
AbsoluteURL:/Default.aspx
AbsoluteURLReferrer:http://xxxxxx.nl/nl-nl/Media-Gallerij
UserAgent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
DefaultDataProvider:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke
ExceptionGUID:442827ec-cecb-4884-b80e-8139ea8dee6b
InnerException:App with id 636 doesn't exist. Parameter name: appId
FileName:
FileLineNumber:0
FileColumnNumber:0
Method:ToSic.Eav.EavContext.InitZoneApp
StackTrace:
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: App with id 636 doesn't exist.
Parameter name: appId ---> System.ArgumentException: App with id 636 doesn't exist.
Parameter name: appId
at ToSic.Eav.EavContext.InitZoneApp(Nullable1 zoneId, Nullable1 appId)
at ToSic.Eav.EavContext.Instance(Nullable1 zoneId, Nullable1 appId)
at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyContent..ctor(Int32 zoneId, Int32 appId, Boolean enableCaching, Nullable`1 ownerPortalId)
at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyControlEditBase.get_Sexy()
at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyControlEditBase.get_Elements()
at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyViewContentOrApp.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
Source:

Celiktas
Nov 19, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2014 at 9:50 AM
@Celiktas: great :)

@Jaromir: This is a setting that is defined in the first installation of DNN. It cannot be changed any more - the default value is great, and "almost" nobody changes it. But some do :( - often because they don't understand the consequences.
Nov 19, 2014 at 12:12 PM
If you understand it, because installation is not possible. It's bad when you can not do anything:-(
Nov 19, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Well Jaromir it's not easy to install, but till you get the right settings :)
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2014 at 1:50 PM
@Jaromir: I'm guessing you followed a blog telling you how to install in Azure - and that blog has an example placing a dnn_ as a prefix. That breaks 2sxc and some other modules.
Nov 19, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Hi Jaromir,
which other modules that breaks 2sxc?
Nov 19, 2014 at 6:17 PM
I installed DNN 7.3.4 and I tried to install 2sic_2SexyContent_06.04.00_Install but failed. I searched and found a solution to https://sexycontent.codeplex.com/workitem/1476 and used 2sic_2SexyContent_05.05.00_Install_Custom.zip. While the central bank reported an error, but it works Content. For other modules I have not found error:-)
Nov 20, 2014 at 6:36 AM
Hi Jaromir,

That's strange! but the problem is solved :)
Nov 20, 2014 at 7:34 AM
It is not and. I do not update option. Unable to take advantage of the wonderful opportunities that offer the update. Installed a remastered version shows that it could go.
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2014 at 9:43 AM
@Jaromir: I'm sorry about that. The core problem is that DNN has an "old" way to save hosting cost and install multiple DNNs on 1 SQL-DB. This is a very dumb idea and I think nobody does it like that - but it's what causes your problem: this "old" way doesn't work with the standard Entity-Framework (which we use in 2sxc).

I believe this feature will be removed in DNN8, but I don't know if there is a clean way to "migrate" out of this.
Nov 20, 2014 at 1:02 PM
I performed the installation of DNN 7.2.1, a typical set accordingly. I would expect that it will be correct, but how to write, probably not.

No nothing.

Thank you for the explanation.
Nov 20, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Edited Nov 20, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Hi Jaromir,

You may be right. I'm using DNN 7.3.2 and I have had so far no problem with andre's module.
Nov 20, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Hey tje discussion went dutch, so there is 3 dutch usets allready now :)
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Tetapi saya tidak mengerti apa apa!
iJungleboy :)
Nov 20, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Haha

I dont understand that ( without help ) that is :)