Uninstall module from single portal only

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Hi there,

I'm running a server with miltiple portals, and until recently all were working fantastically.

I have had to create a new portal for a client,. When I attempted to place a Content module onto a page in the new portal, the auto configure came up with a message saying nothing but "Server Error". There is no further information in the server logs or the DNN logs.

Since this error, I have not been able to add any 2scx module to any page in that portal. Templates are not available, only SOME templates and Content types are in the Admin section.

Modules on all other portals are worting normally.

I have attempted a "Repair Install" of the 2sxc modules with no change.

How can I remove all reverence to 2sxc from the one portal only? I realise I will more than likely have to manually remove the database records and files so the config can be re-run, but what are the tables / records to look for?

I do not want to affect the other portals using the modules if possible.

Looking forward to your assistance.

Regards

Steve Teece
Coordinator
Nov 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM
@Steve: sorry about the delay.

First: What version of dnn / 2sxc? It could be that it loaded an incompatible (newer) version of the templates.

Second: Apps affected too, or just content? Since Apps are very easy to remove, you could install the default packs to see if they work.

Second: basically in Content you would have to delete all entities / template definitions, which sounds like half an hour of manual work. Not ideal, but could work.

Best,
Daniel
Nov 20, 2014 at 4:34 AM
@Daniel: Thanks for your reply.

In response to your questions:

1: DNN Version is 7.03.03 and 2sxc version 6.04.00

2: This error has prevented adding Apps and well as content

I am willing to manually spend the time to delete the relevent entries from the SQL tables if I know what to delete...

Thanks
Steve.
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2014 at 9:46 AM
@SteveTeece: Let's just do one more analysis
  1. Please create another empty portal...
  2. Add Content - auto-install the templates, see if you can use them...
  3. Add App - auto-install and see if they work
This is to see if it's the "newness" which is causing the problem (in which case your clean up would have no effect), or if it's really just some botched install...

Love from Switzerland,
Daniel
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2014 at 9:48 AM
BTW: I'm guessing it's a folder-permissions problem or something. So don't touch the DB quite yet...
Nov 23, 2014 at 1:30 AM
@Daniel,

I have created a new portal as you requested, and installed both the App and Content modules to the default Home Page.

Both modules completed the auto-configure normally and are operating as expected.

Hot in Australia
Steve.
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Hi Steve

So for whatever reason this failed, let's just try to install the default templates again. The install mechanism is always an "add" install, so by installing it again, it will probably fix everything - if not, I'll hand it to Raphael so he can help you scrub the DB :).

You can manually download the newest getting-started pack here: http://2sxc.org/en/templates
Nov 26, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Hi Daniel,

I attempted to re-install the default templates and received the following error:

"Could not import the package: The underlying system threw an exception. The file has not been added."

Steve.
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2014 at 5:52 AM
Ok, I'll try to get you clean-it-up instructions...
Developer
Nov 26, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Is it the only portal where multiple languages are active?

DNN 7.3.3 contains a known bug with multilanguage that causes also many other problems. Maybe you are also affected of this bug. Please run this SQL script (Host > SQL):
http://www.dnnsoftware.com/community-blog/cid/155044/fixing-portalsettings-issue-on-multilingual-websites-in-dnn-732