BIg problem with image resizer

Oct 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Hi my friends
I have a big problem, I made a product catalog and I use all the image with js light box.
So in all the image I use the image resizer with width and height

After this on file manager I change some image position (image connected to articles)
So I insert other image and I connected the new one but I never see any resized image.

Without queristring the image is wisible if I add w=200 the image retourn an empty image

thanks
Fabio
Oct 13, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Hi

This probably has to do with the tinycache plugin, there are 2 solutions, disable the cache or get a license for the much better commercial cache plugin ( we opted for the commercial version ourselves )

explanation here
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Note: I believe a fix is on the way...
https://github.com/2sic/2SexyContent/issues/54
Oct 13, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Edited Oct 13, 2014 at 2:15 PM
thanks 2sic
but I don't understand what i need to do?
I need to modify web confg?
If recent_reads does not contain any element, recent_reads.Average fails. This pull request will solve this issue with a condition (setting 0 for recent_usage).
I'm not sure if this has other side effects, but I have tested it and it seems to work fine.
thanks
Fabio
Oct 13, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Edited Oct 13, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Hello Fabio
Yes.

For the moment , open web.config at the bottom of your website-project.

At the bottom of web.config search for :
  <resizer>
    <pipeline fakeExtensions=".ashx" />
    <plugins>
      <add name="TinyCache" />
    </plugins>
  </resizer>
...and comment it out. (Ctr K,C)
 <!--<resizer>
    <pipeline fakeExtensions=".ashx" />
    <plugins>
      <add name="TinyCache" />
    </plugins>
  </resizer>-->
Oct 13, 2014 at 5:47 PM
No need to comment out the entire resizer, just the tinycache section
Oct 13, 2014 at 8:55 PM
ok! it work!
thanks

so the difference is only on the performance because without plugin there isn't cache?

thanks for your support
Fabio
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2014 at 6:30 AM
Yes, just caching missing
Oct 14, 2014 at 10:51 AM
ok, but excuse me
the image resizer is a free library and we must pay the caching plugin? I don't understand.

Fabio
Oct 14, 2014 at 11:04 AM
The imageresizing plugin is from another party that has/had open source license so it could be used here.

However this does not include all the other nice features that are in the pro ones . if you get a license for the imageresize plugin this will also include a whole bunch of other plugins including the much better caching another nice one is the remotereader plugn where you can use external images from a cdn or alike and have those be resized as well

http://imageresizing.net/licenses
Oct 14, 2014 at 12:32 PM
OH!!! :-(
I choose 2sxc also because integrate a nice auto resize images system , but If I need to pay 249$ for portal I think to change module.
I think that if I need to pay all the effect it ll be ok, but the cache!
Actually I made one catalog each articles have 10-12 images for each page, I f i think that each time my page is load the system must be resize at runtime 12 images..... it's so stupid

@2sicDev
Your module is pretty nice and very interesting , I immagine to use my clients portals, do you tink to find a way for add a free cache.

Fabio
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM
the free one should be fixed in 1-2 weeks
Oct 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM
oh! wow!
thanks a lot - I ll wait it!
thanks!
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Just published a new version containing the fix :)

Have fun!

And please rate us! Ratings helps build trust for new users. Rate us on codeplex and the dnn-store. To rate it in the store, just buy it for free first.
By this you are helping us spread the word and motivate us :)

Thanks & Love from Switzerland
Daniel, Raphael and Benjamin
2sic and 2sxc
Oct 16, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Rated 5 stars!
thanks a lot!!!!!!