2sxc Content 6.3.3 and MacBook OSX 10.9.4

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Hi,

I have installed 2sxc Content 6.3.3 on DNN 7.3.2.
I am on Mac Book with OSX 10.9.4 and I have tried with Chrome, Safari and Firefox browsers but module does not work as expected.
Here are some issues I have noticed.

The installed editor does not show. In this case CKEditor.

The Image editor does not render correct and does not work. Can not do anything.

2sxc modules installed in the same pane in the skin are overlapping.

Please advise!

Regards,
Christer
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Hi eurogate

CK-Editor could cause problems - we'll check. We work with Telerik so we don't notice this during our normal work.
What Image-editor do you mean? there is a thumbnailer included, but not an editor?

modules overlapping the skin: since every design is different and uses different CSS, you may need to adapt the templates to your desired look. This is normal - for example you may have special CSS-class defining the responsive width or something. please give a screenshot.
Sep 25, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Edited Sep 25, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Hi 2sicDev,

After changing to Telerik and then back to CKEditor again in HTML Editor Manager the CKeditor is loading in 2sxc module.
This issue seems to be solved when testing.

The popup window where to select, change or uploading an image in the module is named "Image Editor" by you.

Has not found a way to include a screenshot here. You can see the two top instances of the module "overlapping" in this URL:
http://easygolfweb.com.dnnmax.com/MODULTEST/EasyContent/tabid/3276/Default.aspx

Christer
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2014 at 7:07 PM
I see what you mean, the second module starts beside the first one.

it's a CSS-floating issue. the image floats left - and apparently something is missing to really "end" the floating. Could be a minor mistake in the template (we'll check into that). I also don't know what css-framework you're using, but it should be very easy to fix no matter what solution you like just add the needed 1-liner to the template...

In the meantime, we will check/update our templates if there is a standard tag/css missing; but this will take a while.
Sep 25, 2014 at 7:22 PM
OK

Any ideas about "Image Editor" issue?
Coordinator
Sep 26, 2014 at 6:13 AM
the image picker also uses the Telerik image selector. Could it be that you removed Telerik from your installation?
Nov 14, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Coming back to this issue because I really would like to start testing 2sxc.

Telerik editor is there but I have identified that Teleriks image picker is not working in the editor either. Same problem with all browsers and skin.
Do you have any idea of making 2sxc module independent of Telerik?
Is there a way to use another image picker?
I normally use CKHTMLeditor and the image picker is working without problem in this editor.

/ Christer
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2014 at 8:32 AM
@eurogate

ATM we're just using the DNN provided stuff for image picking, which is the telerik. CK probbaly has an own image picker, which we can't rely on (yet) since it's not included in DNN.

AFAKI DNN 7.4 (see http://www.dnnsoftware.com/community/learn/roadmap) will include CK editor by default - so that may help. The problem will be that 2sxc runs on dnn 7.2+ so we won't be able to require CK for it to work.

On the other hand, if you could suggest a really, really good open-source image-picker with some great touch-functionality and stuff, we may evaluate that :).

So from what I understand is that something is wrong with your telerik installation on your DNN. Not sure what it is. To corner the issue, please
  • use chrome and F12 before you open a normal HTML-wyiswyg - I'm guessing you'll find JS errors
if not:
  • try a clean install on your pc (using webmatrix you can do that in 5 min) -> this will probably work as expected
  • then add the css/js modifications you have on your live site --> this will probably break telerik, since it's the most likely culprit
Love from Switzerland
Daniel
Nov 16, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Hi Daniel,

The solution to the problem turned out to be that a change in web.config was needed.

Thanks.

Love from Sweden :-)
Christer
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2014 at 6:53 AM
That makes sense. A wrong DNN configuration which hurts the WYSiWYG-component will of course also hurt 2sxc which uses that.
Glad you could solve it :)