Caching with 2SexyContent

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:09 AM
I read that caching is already handled by 2SC. Let's assume a db scenario where a query is run against the db.
Is 2SC caching somehow tied to DNN module caching or does it goes on it's own?
I mean... if I set in the 2SC content module the DNN caching for that module to memory and 3000 seconds, does this make some sense or 2SC is already handling caching (to avoid querying the db again in a timeframe) on its own (based on what in that case?)

Thanks
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2014 at 12:26 PM
2sxc caches 100% of it's own data, so you will have 0 data requests after an initial cache population

When using 3rd party data (peta poco or something) this is not the case automatically. We're working on a data-pipeline which would add this functionality, but it's not quite done yet.
Sep 19, 2014 at 1:32 PM
But if I set the DNN module containing 2sexycontent with its cache, will this affect the contained content module? What I miss is the relationship between the default DNN caching on modules and 2SC.
If this would works we can overcome this problem that way for now.
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2014 at 1:35 PM
I'm not sure I understand your need.
if you cache in DNN, then 2sxc will only run once, and following requests will not even wake 2sxc up, because DNN handles it before 2sxc.

So: cache output on DNN, and 2sxc won't do anything.

Don't cache on DNN, and 2sxc will auto-cache the data (not the output, just the data).

If you have user-specific views, then DNN-cache won't work, because every user would see the same view.
Sep 19, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Ok that would be a workaround with PetaPoco or third party plugs.

Thanks for your support.