Installing on Azure

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:43 PM
DNN 7.3.1
2SC 6.1.5

When I go to install this module on a DNN instance hosted on Azure, I get the following message:
This package is not verified to be compatible with Azure SQL Database.

This site uses Windows Azure SQL Database for database storage, and the package you are currently installing has not been verified by the owner to be compatible with Windows Azure SQL Database. If a non-compatible extension is installed, it can stop successful backups and restores of the database, and can cause run-time errors once the extension is in use. You may continue the installation process if you have verified the compatibility of the extension yourself, or click Cancel and contact the owner of the Extension to ask for an Azure SQL Database compatible version.
Is it safe to install anyway?
Aug 13, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Hi

i would not try this on a life site, one of my client switched to non azure because he could not get it to run and 90% of the work we done for him was with 2sexycontent

Armand
Coordinator
Aug 14, 2014 at 5:49 AM
We're working on azure-compatibility and should get it to work in 2-4 weeks. ATM it won't work.
Sep 1, 2014 at 2:50 PM
great to hear 2sicDev, can't wait!
Sep 15, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Hi,

I just tried the latest build of DNN 7.3.2 and the latest 2sxc 06.03.02 in Windows Azure. Installing through the extension manager results in the error below. Any idea when these two will be compatible - please?

Thanks, Matt

Info Starting Installation - 2SexyContent
Info Starting Installation - Script
Info Begin Sql execution
Info Creating backup of previous version - SqlDataProvider\01.00.00.SqlDataProvider
Info Created - SqlDataProvider\01.00.00.SqlDataProvider
Info Executing 01.00.00.SqlDataProvider
Info Start Sql execution: 01.00.00.SqlDataProvider file
Failure SQL Execution resulted in following Exceptions: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'DesktopModules'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteScriptInternal(String connectionString, String script) ClientConnectionId:a1aa9feb-c760-4be9-b121-9465c96d3eb6 Error Number:208,State:1,Class:16 -- Script Block for 2SexyContent 05.05.00 Update -- --------------------------------------------- -- This SQL Script Block must be included in every .SqlDataProvider file -- for 2SexyContent <= 05.05.00 because of the rename of the internal -- module name. It does not have to be included for newer SQL scripts. -- This script changes the module name and the breaks the installation -- so the DNN cache is refreshed. After the upgrade is triggered again, -- the installation works. DECLARE @IsUpgradeFromPreviousVersion int SELECT @IsUpgradeFromPreviousVersion = CASE WHEN EXISTS(SELECT * FROM DesktopModules WHERE ModuleName = N'2SexyContent') THEN CAST (1 AS BIT) ELSE CAST (0 AS BIT) END If @IsUpgradeFromPreviousVersion = 1 BEGIN UPDATE DesktopModules SET ModuleName = N'2sxc' WHERE (ModuleName = N'2SexyContent') RAISERROR(N'Please run this upgrade again to finish the process. This is a necessary step because of the internal rename of the 2SexyContent module. ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** PLEASE RUN THIS UPGRADE AGAIN TO FINISH THE PROCESS. This is a necessary step because of the internal rename of the 2SexyContent module. **************************************************************************************************************************************************************************', 16, 1) RETURN END -- End of the Script Block for 2SexyContent 05.05.00 Update
Info End Sql execution: 01.00.00.SqlDataProvider file
Info Finished Sql execution
Failure Installation Failed - Script
Info Installation Failed - 2SexyContent
Info Starting Installation - 2SexyContent-App
Info Starting Installation - Module
Info Module registered successfully - 2sxc-app
Info Component installed successfully - Module
Info Starting Installation - File
Info Creating backup of previous version - icon-app.png
Info Created - icon-app.png
Info Component installed successfully - File
Failure Package Installation aborted
Info Installation Failed - 2SexyContent-App
Info Deleted temporary install folder
EndJob Installation Failed
Coordinator
Sep 16, 2014 at 6:37 AM
@MatPil29
2sxc should be compatible with Azure now, we just tested it about 2 weeks ago.

Question: did you upgrade from an existing version or did you do a clean install? the message I see looks a lot like something we had to do in v.5.x because we renamed the module from "2sexycontent" to 2sxc. That's why the message says: "run again to finish the process". So
a) is it an upgrade (was a 2sxc already installed before, maybe unsuccessfully?)
b) could you just run the install again, as it says in the message?

Thanks,
Daniel
Sep 16, 2014 at 7:15 AM
Hi,

Yes it was a clean install. I did re-run it and the message above is from the re-run, however it was the same the first time around. When I look in the installed module list I can see 2sxc-app.

Matt
Sep 16, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Just a thought, did you use an object qualifier or did you kept that empty?
Coordinator
Sep 16, 2014 at 8:38 AM
@nokiko: good question

@MatPil - do you use a custom object qualifier? because this is not an azure-feature, but an old remnant of DNN in the old days that 2sxc doesn't support.
Sep 16, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Hi, I followed this post to setup DNN:
he says "Object Qualifier is optional. I notice that most people don’t use one these days but for some reason I’m old skool and put in dnn_ "
So I did!
Do I need to re-install DNN? It is a test site so I am happy to try, if not is there a way to remove the qualifier and retry your components?
Thanks again

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Perfect, that's it :)

@nokiko - you get 100 points :)

@MatPil: Yes, please just leave it at the default. Should solve it all :).
Sep 16, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Ok, will keep you posted, Matt

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Its up!

Leaving the qualifier empty during install worked. When I first added content to a new page I got the error below. I checked the log and noticed it talking about settings, then I remembered that I had not been in and set the host settings for web name, smtp or minification (as per the tutorial). I went and did this and then adding the content module to a page worked. Thanks again, Matt

AssemblyVersion:7.3.2

PortalID:-1

PortalName:

UserID:-1

UserName:

ActiveTabID:-1

ActiveTabName:

RawURL:

AbsoluteURL:

AbsoluteURLReferrer:

UserAgent:

DefaultDataProvider:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke

ExceptionGUID:0c9132ab-dd02-4ace-b234-082fb48f68ad

InnerException:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

FileName:

FileLineNumber:0

FileColumnNumber:0

Method:DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalSettings.GetPortalSettings

StackTrace:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalSettings.GetPortalSettings(Int32 tabID, PortalInfo portal)
at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyContent.GetZoneID(Int32 portalId)
at ToSic.SexyContent.Search.SearchController.GetModifiedSearchDocuments(ModuleInfo moduleInfo, DateTime beginDate)
at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyContent.GetModifiedSearchDocuments(ModuleInfo moduleInfo, DateTime beginDate)
at DotNetNuke.Services.Search.ModuleIndexer.GetSearchDocuments(Int32 portalId, DateTime startDate)

Source:

Server Name: RD00155D88EB78
Coordinator
Sep 16, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Excellent, problem solved - mostly thanks to nokiko :)

And please rate us! Ratings helps build trust for new users. Rate us on codeplex and the dnn-store. To rate it in the store, just buy it for free first.
By this you are helping us spread the word and motivate us :)

Thanks & Love from Switzerland
Daniel, Raphael and Benjamin (and nokiko :)
2sic and 2sxc
Feb 13, 2015 at 1:27 PM
Hello

The following problem is Occurred .
2SXContent is not running on Azure export to a database correctly .

It does not have the ability to capture content types , or existing export import .
Even with a database migration from SQL Server on Azure ( SQLAzureMW ) Although all data is stored in the database , but the created entries and settings for individual content types disappear .
  • In a fresh installation directly on Azure everything works .
  • If you attempt to remove the module and reinstall did not work the website registrants in the state.

Here is the error message:

AbsoluteURL:/Default.aspx
DefaultDataProvider:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke
ExceptionGUID:dc76a7c2-1052-4385-8cfe-851ed889ba03
AssemblyVersion:7.4.0
PortalId:0
UserId:1
TabId:1825
RawUrl:/Home/Aboutus/EventsNew/tabid/1825/ctl/editcontentgroup/mid/4812/SortOrder/2/ContentGroupID/4812/language/en-US/Default.aspx?popUp=true&ReturnUrl=%2fHome%2fAboutus%2fEventsNew%2ftabid%2f1825%2fctl%2feditlist%2fmid%2f4812%2fContentGroupID%2f4812%2flanguage%2fen
Referrer:http://inficon.azurewebsites.net/Home/Aboutus/EventsNew/tabid/1825/ctl/editcontentgroup/mid/4812/SortOrder/2/ContentGroupID/4812/language/en-US/Default.aspx?popUp=true&ReturnUrl=%2fHome%2fAboutus%2fEventsNew%2ftabid%2f1825%2fctl%2feditlist%2fmid%2f4812%2fConte
UserAgent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.111 Safari/537.36
ExceptionHash:m3m9ntqcVIV0f1tL7HGGpA==
Message:An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.

StackTrace:

InnerMessage:An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.
InnerStackTrace:
at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.CreateFunctionObjectResult[TElement](EntityCommand entityCommand, ReadOnlyMetadataCollection1 entitySets, EdmType[] edmTypes, MergeOption mergeOption)
at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.ExecuteFunction[TElement](String functionName, MergeOption mergeOption, ObjectParameter[] parameters)
at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.ExecuteFunction[TElement](String functionName, ObjectParameter[] parameters)
at ToSic.Eav.EavContext.GetChangeLogId(String userName)
at ToSic.Eav.EavContext.AddEntity(AttributeSet attributeSet, Int32 attributeSetId, IDictionary values, Nullable
1 configurationSet, Nullable1 keyNumber, Nullable1 keyGuid, String keyString, Int32 assignmentObjectTypeId, Int32 sortOrder, Nullable1 entityGuid, ICollection1 dimensionIds, List`1 updateLog, Boolean isPublished)
at ToSic.Eav.ManagementUI.ItemForm.Insert()
at ToSic.Eav.ManagementUI.ItemForm.Save()
at ToSic.SexyContent.EditContentGroupItem.Save()
at ToSic.SexyContent.EditContentGroup.btnUpdate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Feb 23, 2015 at 7:15 PM
Same problem on my azue account,
It wilks local but not on azure

Any idea?
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2015 at 8:05 PM
Yes. Just as described above, you're using a "object qualifier".

This is a unfortunate tip in the instructions to use "dnn_" for azure sites. You shouldn't.

Best, Daniel
Feb 24, 2015 at 1:51 PM
Hello,

We have a DNN Evoq Enterprise 7.3.1 Azure installation on DNN's cloud hosting service. I had installed a version of 2sexycontent a while back and was just recently trying to upgrade to the latest version. DNN switched it so that they have to run a check on all modules/extensions and install them for you. I submitted the "2sic_2SexyContent_06.06.02_Install.zip" package to DNN support.

They said "2sic's 2SexyContent version 6.6.2 is not Azure compatible. It will cause many errors during installation and could bring your website down. I have attached a copy of EVS results to this email. I would suggest contacting the developers for an Azure compatible version of their module."

I will paste the results of the spreadsheet below.
Feb 24, 2015 at 1:56 PM
Ok, it's too long to paste. I can email the spreadsheet to you, if it will help. Some examples are below:

3a9452d3-dce5-4f78-93af-12645ae224ac Warning PackageVerification.Rules.Manifest.Components.ScriptNode (Warning in 06.06.01.SqlDataProvider) - Final Section of T-SQL didn't finish with a 'GO' command.
6f6ed7be-c182-4baf-a369-809b7d99549a Error PackageVerification.Rules.Manifest.Components.ScriptNode (Error in 03.00.00.SqlDataProvider) - LOCK_ESCALATION is not supported in current version of SQL Azure
9ed37b47-82da-4aed-b24f-93c6bf32e141 Error PackageVerification.Rules.TwoWayFileChecker A file (\tosic.sexycontent.dll) specified in the manifest is missing from the extension.
b25d95e3-06d0-4241-9729-96f85cfddcbf Error PackageVerification.Rules.SQLTestRunner While testing against 07.02.00 05.05.00.SqlDataProvider returned an error: Invalid object name 'DesktopModules'.
b25d95e3-06d0-4241-9729-96f85cfddcbf Error PackageVerification.Rules.SQLTestRunner While testing against 07.02.00 05.05.03.SqlDataProvider returned an error: Could not find stored procedure 'ToSIC_EAV_ChangeLogAdd'.
b25d95e3-06d0-4241-9729-96f85cfddcbf Error PackageVerification.Rules.SQLTestRunner "While testing against 07.02.00 06.02.01.SqlDataProvider returned an error: The specified schema name ""dbo"" either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it."
b25d95e3-06d0-4241-9729-96f85cfddcbf Error PackageVerification.Rules.SQLTestRunner While testing against 07.02.00 06.03.07.SqlDataProvider returned an error: Invalid object name 'Roles'.
bba5b1b6-f731-4f0c-a7b8-fe3165044e86 Error Check Azure Compatible Tag "The <azureCompatible>true</azureCompatible> tag has been found in your manifest, however this extension didn't pass the Azure compatibility scan."

etc, etc
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2015 at 7:11 AM
We've done the EVS scan and checked everything.

It works well on azure - many errors you see are from old SQL included in the package, necessary for upgrade steps. But the errors are not relevant to Azure - we checked each one. Since Azure is quickly evolving, many of these errors are actually not relevant any more. Since it's an enourmous amount of work just to satisfy the EVS tool (without actually changing the result on azure), we decided against it.

Of course, if someone really wants this and would sponsor it, we would do it. But it's about 5 days work because we would have to change historical scripts and then really verify that they still do the same thing.

But again: everything works. We really reviewed the errors and can confirm that they are not relevant.

Best,Daniel
Mar 10, 2015 at 2:16 PM
is it possible to recreate evs from database?

I got this error on azure.

thanks Michael

InnerStackTrace:
at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.CreateFunctionObjectResult[TElement](EntityCommand entityCommand, ReadOnlyMetadataCollection1 entitySets, EdmType[] edmTypes, MergeOption mergeOption)
at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.ExecuteFunction[TElement](String functionName, MergeOption mergeOption, ObjectParameter[] parameters)
at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.ExecuteFunction[TElement](String functionName, ObjectParameter[] parameters)
at ToSic.Eav.EavContext.GetChangeLogId(String userName)
at ToSic.Eav.EavContext.UpdateSimpleValue(Attribute attribute, Entity entity, ICollection
1 dimensionIds, Boolean masterRecord, Object newValue, Nullable1 valueId, Boolean readOnly, List1 currentValues, IEntity entityModel, IEnumerable1 valueDimensions)
at ToSic.Eav.EavContext.UpdateValue(Entity currentEntity, Attribute attribute, Boolean masterRecord, List
1 currentValues, IEntity entityModel, ValueViewModel newValue, ICollection1 dimensionIds)
at ToSic.Eav.EavContext.UpdateEntityDefault(Entity entity, IDictionary newValues, ICollection
1 dimensionIds, Boolean masterRecord, List1 attributes, List1 currentValues)
at ToSic.Eav.EavContext.UpdateEntity(Int32 entityId, IDictionary newValues, Boolean autoSave, ICollection1 dimensionIds, Boolean masterRecord, List1 updateLog, Boolean preserveUndefinedValues, Boolean isPublished)
at ToSic.Eav.ManagementUI.ItemForm.Update()
at ToSic.Eav.ManagementUI.ItemForm.Save()
at ToSic.SexyContent.EditContentGroupItem.Save()
at ToSic.SexyContent.EditContentGroup.btnUpdate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Mar 10, 2015 at 3:12 PM
I don't understand the question "Create EVS from database".

Most errors come from using a custom name in the db-table. Always leave the default (dbo).

Best,
Daniel
Mar 19, 2015 at 12:53 PM
hello Daniel

dbo is default and not changed.
how do you move a running local installation to azure?

regards
Michael
Mar 19, 2015 at 12:55 PM
I'm sorry, I really don't understand the question.

2sxc works on azure. There's nothing special about that. and EVS-certification also has nothing to do with it.
Mar 25, 2015 at 8:38 AM
maybe it depends on the context_info

running the sql installationscripte manually - on 5.2.1 azur database exepts with

Msg 40517, Level 16, State 1, Line 7
Keyword or statement option 'context_info' is not supported in this version of SQL Server.

so it will run on sql 2012 but not on azure 11.0.9230

regards Michael
Mar 25, 2015 at 9:27 AM
Hi Michael

I understand what you're writing. We tested it all, and there are warnings - but they are not relevant. Since removing these warnings would require a huge amount of testing, we decided to live with them.