import app ( never version ) over an already excisting app not possible?

Jun 30, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Isn't it possible to import an app over the same one if the version is different?

I have version 06 on my dev machine and version 01 on my acceptance machine. I imported the app with version 06 in the portal with the app 01 but the message I get is this

Could not import the package. Import not allowed because the specified folder does already exist.
Jun 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM
this is not a version issue. I believe you have a folder - say "2sxc/mypics" and want to import an App which also wants to put the templates etc. into that folder.
Jun 30, 2014 at 1:53 PM
mm I checked it and the only same name folder was the actuall app folder "revolutionslider"

when I renamed this folder the import went ok, only it did not update the current one.

i now had 2 the same apps the old version and the new version

installed was revolutionslider app version 01 and i wanted to install revolutionslider app 06

I was in the understanding that I could update apps by installing a newer version of the app, is this not the case?
Jun 30, 2014 at 1:57 PM
at the moment, the system doesn't have update features yet. updating is very complex, because data schemas could change wildly and the update would have trouble reliably guessing what to do. so automatic update is not handled yet.
Jun 30, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Ah ok I guessed that much well than i will just have to mark down better what i changed in order to modify it on the different systems