issues with sql samples app

May 24, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Hi

I could not get the sql app installed both in 606 and 607 ( totally clean dnn versions )

here are the errors shown

he XML file you specified has an incompatible File Version.
The import file is not compatible with the installed version of 2SexyContent.
Could not import the package. Nullable object must have a value.
May 24, 2014 at 2:36 PM
and if I just copy and paste the content myself for the sqldatareader example i get this error

There was an error while rendering the template: Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object ) at ASP._Page_Portals_0_2sxc_testapp__sexytest_cshtml.CustomizeData() in c:\dnn7\sexytest\Website\Portals\0\2sxc\testapp_sexytest.cshtml:line 9 at ToSic.SexyContent.ViewApp.ProcessView()

and for the petapoco example i get this

Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'PetaPoco.Database.Database(System.Data.IDbConnection)' and 'PetaPoco.Database.Database(string)' at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Type , Object ) at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute2[T0,T1,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1) at ASP._Page_Portals_0_2sxc_testapp__sexytest_cshtml.CustomizeData() in c:\dnn7\sexytest\Website\Portals\0\2sxc\testapp_sexytest.cshtml:line 19 at ToSic.SexyContent.ViewApp.ProcessView()

datatable example

There was an error while rendering the template: Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object ) at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute1[T0,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0) at ASP._Page_Portals_0_2sxc_testapp__sexytest_cshtml.CustomizeData() in c:\dnn7\sexytest\Website\Portals\0\2sxc\testapp_sexytest.cshtml:line 10 at ToSic.SexyContent.ViewApp.ProcessView()

I am using clean dnn installed with makednn and onnly module installed is 2sexycontent
May 24, 2014 at 2:46 PM
the custom data sample works

_Automatic Version - with 2sxc Data Source.cshtml sample gives this connectionstring error

There was an error while rendering the template: System.InvalidOperationException: The ConnectionString property has not been initialized. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.PermissionDemand() at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource1 retry) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at ToSic.Eav.DataSources.SqlDataSource.GetEntities() at ToSic.SexyContent.Razor.SexyContentWebPage.AsDynamic(IDataStream stream) at ASP._Page_Portals_0_2sxc_testapp__sexytest_cshtml.Execute() in c:\dnn7\sexytest\Website\Portals\0\2sxc\testapp_sexytest.cshtml:line 32 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at ToSic.SexyContent.Engines.RazorEngine.RenderTemplate() at ToSic.SexyContent.Engines.EngineBase.Render() at ToSic.SexyContent.ViewApp.ProcessView()
Coordinator
May 24, 2014 at 2:58 PM
thanks for posting this. we made a mistake in the version-checking :( - and this is actually the only package so far which has a higher version number.

I've just posted an updated app without the version info inside, this will work.

Please use 2sxc 6.0.7 though, as we're using a very new feature there.

Best, Daniel
May 24, 2014 at 3:48 PM
thanks just set up new test site ad all is working , going to play with it

one other question, if you use the default db and set all portals to use that is there a possibility to check in which portal the initial content was added, so content has entityid but does it also have something like portalid?
Coordinator
May 26, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Hi nokiko

No, there is no such option. We're also going to hide the portal-sharing functionality in the future, because there are not so many use cases that really need it and it made portal setup require more steps. So in the future, the portal-sharing will actually only be possible by enabling it in the DB manually.

Alternately, we'll create data-sources delivering data from other portals/apps, because we believe the most common realistic use case has a "master" portal and most other portals will simply "consume" data.

Do you have a different use case?
Thanks
iJungleboy
May 26, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Hi

Well the use case I am currently using it for is a company site and that site has multiple sub domains for there different markets

domain.com
education.domain.com
crm.domain.com
etc

all these contain client and app references

these references are filled in on the various portals ( each has different admins )

the initial ones were added on the main portal but the other ones are added on the sub domain portals so if a new app is created the info is filled in for example on the crm page

now the education portal admin if he likes can also add the reference to his portal( lets say its a crm app for schools ) he does this by adding it and replace with excisting content option
Coordinator
May 26, 2014 at 1:19 PM
so this will still work, but our recommended use in the future would be to manage "shared" data from a main portal, and just re-use it on other portals.