custom edit options in the edit screen

May 2, 2014 at 6:50 AM
Hi

I like the new custom menu options, are there plans or options yet so that we can make custom inputs. for example I add an option called color and link that to a color picker

Another question.

the edit screen input options, are they generated in such a way that the id of the input element is the same in every install

so the above example again

I make an app have a content type, in in that content type i have an option called color

I modify the skin that the modal is using to have a js included with a jquery plugin to call a color picker on this specific input

Is this possible so is there a fixed id on the html element by name content type etc or is this based on an id that canches based on portal and amount on content alleady in db
Coordinator
May 2, 2014 at 9:34 AM
@ nokiko
We're not there yet. We have plans to implement such costumizations, but it's very complex to ensure that the API is stable also for future releases. So it's not something that will work very soon - at least not officially.

We have two goals in mind
  1. is to allow completely custom UIs - so a form you could create in HTML
  2. the other is to allow JS-injected standard-form changes
Both are rather complex to implement, but I believe that the first one will be implemented first - my guess is Autumn this year.
May 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM
ok thanks

I thought as much but then i could do it in js myself by modifying the skin that loads the dnn dialog with some js

I checked an input textbox out and looks like it completely unique id based on moduleid ctl id etc so its a matter of building the js that modifies that exact id element and if copy to a new portal or control just modify the id

I will keep you updated on my POC progress