Using Paths in the Hyperlink field

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:32 PM
I am trying to limit my users to a specific directory for image uploads but am having problems getting the Path field to work. Every time I use it, the image dialog box loads in an unusable state. It doesn't seem as if the Path I specify is mapping to a real location.

If I leave it blank it takes me to /Portals/0 and I can use it as expected. I have used relative paths from the "0" directory as well as paths from the root of the file system but none seem to be working.

I have added a "Content" folder at the root, /portals/_default, /portals/0, /portals/_default/2sexy, /portals/0/2sexy, /DesktopModules/ToSIC_SexyContent, and /DesktopModules/ToSIC_SexyContent/SexyContent.

Following the actions in the video here,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3LuIuMg5SE, I add a folder "test" under each of these content folders, and set the "Path" field in the hyperlink property to "test" and it doesn't seem to work. In the video, the presenter gets tripped up at the same spot. I try to repeat what I see is happening on the video but can't seem to get it to work.

I put a folder everywhere I could think of hoping that one of them would be the correct location and I could use deduction to get to the proper spot.

I have also attempted using the path, "/test", "Content/test", and "/Content/test". I can't think of any other permutations to attempt.

Are other people having problems with this? Any tips on how to get this working?
Developer
Feb 10, 2014 at 6:03 AM
In general, the path field can be a comma-separated list of paths to show up in the image / document manager dialog. Only the path after [Portal:HomeDirectory] can be specified (we don't want the editor to add files outside of the portal root directory). So specifying Content/Test for the Paths field should work properly.

Make sure the directory you specify exist in the DNN file manager - the upload won't work if it doesn't.

We will add a description to the Paths field in the next release.
Marked as answer by RacerNerd on 2/10/2014 at 9:10 AM
Feb 10, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Thanks Raphael, your answer got everything up and running.

In case it helps anyone else, the key part of the answer and the part that I was missing was about directory existence.
The subtle part I was overlooking was, "in the DNN file manager". I had added my directories using Windows Explorer and the DNN directory was not synced (I am new to DNN and thought this was implied). I added a new test directory using the DNN File Manager and the image manager worked. I synced up the DNN File Structure to my own and should be good to go now.

Thanks again for taking the time to read my questions and help.