Bootstrap Popovers with 2sxc

May 13, 2016 at 8:07 PM
I'm working on a site where the content of the site is going to have a lot of terms that the general public may not be familiar with and would require a short definition for further clarification and maybe a link to another page in the site that has a full description. Since the design of the site is based on Bootstrap I thought that the Popovers might be a good way to accomplish this. My question is has anyone attempted to do something like this with 2sxc? The challenge is if I have some html content, I need some way to specify that a particular word should have further clarification.

If I created a content type called something like "Definition" with fields Word, Description, Link. Is there a way using the Razor templates to scan the content and if the content has a particular word found in the "Definition" content type that it could be replaced with some html that implements the necessary syntax for Bootstrap popovers?

It would be great if I could create a list of words and definitions in 2sxc and have a way, kinda like token replacement in DNN to replace those words on the fly with something else (mainly the html for a Bootstrap popover) That would make it much easier to manage the popovers within the content.

Any ideas on how to approach this in 2sxc?
Coordinator
May 15, 2016 at 8:15 AM
We're moving the Q&A to StackOverflow to reach more users. So please re-
  1. post your question there - http://stackoverflow.com/
  2. We still need a few weeks before we can open a tag "2sxc" - so till then, please tag it with dotnetnuke-module and then post the link to your question here again
We'll then try to take care of it ASAP.