Better tolerance for mistakes

Apr 19, 2016 at 9:45 PM
2sxc is a great module, until you make a mistake or need to make a change. Whether it is naming a field incorrectly or deleting data or views, it seems to generate problems more often than not.

Here is an example of one scenario I had today: I found out when trying to rename a field that I cannot (other than the label). So my next thought was to create new fields. I could not delete the old fields because there was one record assigned to them. I went to delete the record and got an error that there was a child relationship.

So, in this scenario, I am left with no choice other than to blow it up and start over.

Another example, I created a test data/view to try a proof of concept (different website). Afterwards, I went to remove the data, content and the template from the list. Again, child integrity issues. I have to go into the database and dig through ids, attributes, attribute sets and figure out what to manually delete.

I'm not so much looking for support here but just want to voice frustration on how the relationship between all the components of 2sxc. It seems to me that there is little flexibility once things are initially defined.
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2016 at 7:39 AM
Thanks for your feedback. We'll try to consider how to improve things. Especially field-rename should not be very difficult to implement - care to contribute?

The child-thing I didn't get, what was the issue there?