Join in Query

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:14 AM
Hello,

Maybe it's just that I'm not sure how the relationship filter works, but is there a way to join two entities in a query without having them already be related? For example, if I had email addresses used in two different entities, can I join them together like I would in SQL?

Thanks,

Mike
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2016 at 9:40 AM
As of now there is no data-source with join-functionality. You wall have to write a small loop to do that.
Apr 5, 2016 at 3:19 AM
Cool - thanks - good to know. I've worked it out so far directly in the view using linq.

That would be a neat feature to build out... Maybe in the form of a "join" data part in the query designer that would allow a user to join together two data streams into a new output stream. That would have huge implications for the ability to create custom views.

The way this came up for me is that I have a kind of parent list and a child list. Each parent can have multiple children, but I mostly only care about the most recent record. So, I wanted a way to join the parent together with the current first-child.

Thanks,

Mike
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2016 at 9:23 PM
Just to help in future users - could you post your code that you got to work? thx!