2sxc apps not being indexed how to fix

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:52 AM
Hi

We have an install with various apps and lots of data .

I just updated the install ( because I saw this issue mentioned ) with the last version but still it not being indexed. The dnn version we are using in dnn 7.4.2

Any pointers on where to look for this?

Armand
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2016 at 11:08 AM
Nope, I don't have a direct suggestion. Since we strongly prefer google search to the internal search, we have no own installations using the dnn-search.

I recommend you
  1. check the basics (scheduler, etc.)
  2. check the logs / dnn events for errors
  3. if all still looks ok, try to step-through with a debugger
Mar 25, 2016 at 6:15 PM
I have the same problem.

I have spent days messing with search settings, logs, scheduler, etc. No success.

Search works for other pages, does not work for "detail pages". I have a news app and an event app both have a listing page and a "details" page as shown in some of the 2sxc examples. (Urls like mydomain.com/news/details/234)

I cannot get them to index, I need them to index for 2 reasons, Search and Sitemap.

Would love to hear from someone that made this work.
Apr 7, 2016 at 1:19 PM
I tried a completely clean install so new dnn 7 install and new 2sxc

Created a new app, added content type and filled it with some item. Also added an html module added some text there

I tried searching here and only the content from the html module was found and not from my 2sxc app.

I have still older sites running older 2sxc versions where the search works perfect. I love to use ADAM on some of them but I am a bit scared to upgrade because of the search
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2016 at 3:39 PM
Please try the newest 08.03.07 and if you still think it's a 2sxc issue, please open an issue on github.
Apr 8, 2016 at 2:29 PM
Looks like that solved it :-)
Apr 11, 2016 at 9:02 AM
Actually, it looks like it is indexing, since DNN now says it indexes a lot more modules.
However, when I try to search I can see no content from the module.
So yes, it works, the module is indexed.
But it does not index any content.

What can I do now?
Am I missing something?

Also tried to add this code, but that didn't help:

@using DotNetNuke.Entities.Modules
@using ToSic.SexyContent.Search

@functions
{
public override void CustomizeData()
{
// Don't customize anything, nothing to customize in this case
}

/// <summary>
/// Populate the search - ensure that each entity has an own url/page
/// </summary>
/// <param name="searchInfos"></param>
/// <param name="moduleInfo"></param>
/// <param name="startDate"></param>
public override void CustomizeSearch(Dictionary<string, List<ISearchInfo>> searchInfos, ModuleInfo moduleInfo, DateTime startDate)
{
foreach (var si in searchInfos["Default"])
{
si.QueryString = "mid="+ moduleInfo.ModuleID + "&feature=" + si.Entity.EntityId;
}
}
}
Apr 12, 2016 at 8:37 AM
I just posted it as an issue on github. On a totally clean install with App and Content only the content in the Content module was returned , none of the content in Apps were returned
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2016 at 12:22 PM
@nokiko - thanks, will continue the conversation on github - https://github.com/2sic/2sxc/issues/781