Can't access advanced mode on a Mac

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:04 PM
Edited Feb 25, 2016 at 10:05 PM
I just started using 2xsc, and I'm on a Mac. I've tried this in Chrome, Firefox and Safari, but the control-click action to toggle between advanced mode and regular mode doesn't work for me. On a Mac, control-click is mapped to a right-click mouse action. I tried to disable this (apparently the only way to do this is to use a third party software to map left-click+control --> left click), and it still doesn't work.

Anybody else run into this issue? Is there another way to access advanced mode?
Feb 26, 2016 at 9:39 AM
on mac it should be the command button, not the contrl. button. The keyboard-shortcut code I used specifically has a mac-alternative built in. But I never tried it. Pls try and get me feedback.

I would also be curoious about Ctrl+s (supported since 8.2.3) to save entities or code. Pls test that, also with other keys on the mac, and tell me what worked.
Feb 26, 2016 at 6:01 PM
Thanks for the response.

I did try cmd-click, but it didn't work.

I'm also running windows through vmware fusion on my mac, and in there I discovered that I had to do shift+ctrl+click. This led me to try shift+ctrl+click and shift+cmd+click as well on the mac, but still no results.
Feb 26, 2016 at 6:11 PM
I tested the "save" command as well:

cmd+s works perfectly. ctrl+s doesn't work, but I think that is expected behavior.
Feb 26, 2016 at 7:35 PM
I'm glad that cmd+S works, bummer that cmd-click doesn't.

I just opened an issue on github, I'll see what I can do...

https://github.com/2sic/2sxc/issues/692
Feb 26, 2016 at 7:40 PM
I think it should work now, please test the next release 08.02.04 and give me feedback, thx
May 26, 2016 at 5:48 PM
Just wanted to say this is working for me now using cmd-click. Thanks for the fix! I'm currently on version 8.4.5