2SXC - Right Direction?

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:48 PM
I'm looking for some direction. We're going to be building some enterprise level applications on the DNNplatform. I watched a few demo videos of 2sxc, it looks very impressive. I'm wondering how 2sxc handles relational data say... from one application to another.

Would using 2sxc would be the right direction to move forward with for enterprise application development or should we should stick to standard DNN module development.

Anyone who's been down this road it would great to hear some feedback.
Feb 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM
For example:

Say I need my application to be able to search a list of users on the database, select a user and add additional fields to assigned to that user; then use those fields in a separate 2sxc application to filter/adjust that applications functionality based on the fields. All of the permissions will managed by the assigned custom roles in Evoq Content.

Also since a lot of our data will be migrating from an existing database. How does 2SXC handle importing data?
Feb 12, 2016 at 8:28 AM
2sxc does a lot for you, but you never have to use everything it does. I'm not 100% sure of what you're trying to do from your description, so a quick recommendation wouldn't fit well.

In general, 2sxc is great for content-management, especially for content which is read 10-1000x more often than edited. Since 2sxc is many things, here's a tried answer to what you can/should use:
  1. 2sxc as the container for your app: absolutely
  2. 2sxc as the data storage (instead of SQL) - very likely
  3. 2sxc as the web-api to save data: absolutely, either because it 2sxc-data, or because you can create your own c# api to store in SQL
  4. 2sxc for sharing content across systems: absolutely
  5. 2sxc for providing additonal data to an existing, external data - system: yes, check the App.Metadata stuff
  6. Multilangua: yes :)
That's a rough answer, but please provide more details as to what you're trying to do, so I can guide you in the right direction. Especially more details as to data-volume, use-cases, editing-frequency, kinds of output.

Data-Import BTW:
  1. you can import through excel (check out the toturials)
  2. or you can use existing sql sources for reading; then create a simple api to save from your custom edit-ui
  3. or you can use an existing sql for external data, and use 2sxc to only edit/add additonal info (metadata)
etc.