500 error when using entities

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:54 AM
I love all the new features but I seem to be having lots of issues when using entities my entitiess dropdownns are not filled in and I get errors like these

"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error - desktopmodules/2sxc/api/eav/EntityPicker/getavailableentities?appId=6&contentTypeName=e_test"

what can be the issue as its getting realy annoying
Feb 5, 2016 at 12:12 PM
And the weird part is that if I repeat exactly the same process in one of the installed demo apps like faq that I dont have the issue
Feb 5, 2016 at 12:24 PM
The workaround i found is ( I dont know why it works but it works )

start with an excisting app such as

delete the old content

add your own

totally no issues anymore

realy realy strange but hey I can continue now but still very weird
Coordinator
Feb 8, 2016 at 2:35 PM
Commonly this happens when something is wrong with the title of the entity it should show in the drop-down.

This is often the case when an a list of items was made, then you add another field (of which most items have no values) and set that to the title.

My recommendation:
  1. Check which field is the title - make sure it's the one you wanted
  2. Review the items in the html-mode, check the ones which seem to have an empty title
Coordinator
Feb 8, 2016 at 3:28 PM
I reviewed your app.

Most of your content types seem to have no title. Not sure why this is, but it’s wrong. Go to them and click the star-button on the field which should be the title on all content-types, this should fix it. Here's an example (but this happens on most of the types):
    <AttributeSet StaticName="a906e115-20ea-4a88-bfcb-a2ecc4b531c2" Name="_AlgemeneVoorwaarden" Description="AlgemeneVoorwaarden" Scope="2SexyContent">
      <Attributes>
        <Attribute StaticName="Titel" Type="String" IsTitle="false">
          <Entity AssignmentObjectType="EAV Field Properties" AttributeSetStaticName="@All" AttributeSetName="@All" EntityGUID="c5b4967a-042f-4775-b07b-004ef5c0f3a2" KeyNumber="407">
            <Value Key="Name" Value="Titel" Type="String" />
            <Value Key="VisibleInEditUI" Value="True" Type="Boolean" />
            <Value Key="InputType" Value="string-default" Type="String" />
          </Entity>
        </Attribute>
        <Attribute StaticName="AlgemeneVoorwaarden" Type="String" IsTitle="false">
          <Entity AssignmentObjectType="EAV Field Properties" AttributeSetStaticName="@All" AttributeSetName="@All" EntityGUID="b958e2b2-ca82-4ffa-a3da-935ad2a2b308" KeyNumber="408">
            <Value Key="Name" Value="AlgemeneVoorwaarden" Type="String" />
            <Value Key="InputType" Value="string-wysiwyg-adv" Type="String" />
          </Entity>
        </Attribute>
      </Attributes>
    </AttributeSet>
Note the
        <Attribute StaticName="Titel" Type="String" IsTitle="false">
Compared to
    <AttributeSet StaticName="645a5d52-d5a4-48dc-9e7f-613bac321fb7" Name="Module" Description="Module" Scope="2SexyContent">
      <Attributes>
        <Attribute StaticName="Titel" Type="String" IsTitle="true">
          <Entity AssignmentObjectType="EAV Field Properties" AttributeSetStaticName="@All" AttributeSetName="@All" EntityGUID="2fd0eda3-1a78-4ef8-a7ad-15a31f9a62d9" KeyNumber="357">
            <Value Key="Name" Value="Titel" Type="String" />
            <Value Key="InputType" Value="string-default" Type="String" />
          </Entity>
        </Attribute>
      </Attributes>
    </AttributeSet>
...which correctly has a title.