use content editing API with dnn text editor

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:32 PM
Hi

Using the content editing api we can create our own basic admin forms, but how would we go about using our own admin form but still keep the use of the dnn editor.

I can load and update values from a standard textarea, but is there an easy way to to able to load and edit the values from a dnn text editor with working features such as the image upload and select ?
Jan 7, 2016 at 12:30 PM
I would love to do that too, 2sxc managed to do exactly that (for entity editing) by using a so called webforms bridge I think (had limited time to go thru the code).
Will do some more research in the next weeks...

What I like to achieve, is an angular application, that uses 2sxc Content but with custom forms, that allow staying on the page.
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2016 at 5:18 PM
This can be done easily, there is even a demo app somewhere that does exactly this. As each content-type also supports permissions, you can define rules like "anymous users can create but not ready, admins can edit, etc.

Check out http://2sxc.org/en/Apps/Details?AppGuid=6eefac23-d774-42d0-b7d3-20b14bda55d3
Jan 11, 2016 at 5:22 PM
Yeah I checked and used that example as well

But how do we bind it to a dnn editor isntead of the text area as in the demo
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2016 at 5:25 PM
that is very tricky - basically the dnn editor isn't meant to work that way.

I would recommend a different editor. we're changing over to a JS based editor only without dnn / code-behind.
Jan 11, 2016 at 5:57 PM
I've already tested some angular WYSIWYG hard to choose one ;)

Am 11. Januar 2016 18:25:28 MEZ, schrieb 2sicDev <[email removed]>:

I would recommend a different editor. we're changing over to a JS based editor only without dnn / code-behind.

--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit K-9 Mail gesendet.
Jan 11, 2016 at 5:58 PM
Summer note is one nice..

Am 11. Januar 2016 18:25:28 MEZ, schrieb 2sicDev <[email removed]>:

--
Jan 11, 2016 at 7:40 PM
Yeah I was looking at js ones as well

Just have to find on hat allows to browse the portal folder and works nice with file upload
Jan 11, 2016 at 8:49 PM
One could add angular-upload into some editor :)

Am 11. Januar 2016 20:40:38 MEZ, schrieb nokiko <[email removed]>:

Yeah I was looking at js ones as well

Just have to find on hat allows to browse the portal folder and works nice with file upload

--
Coordinator
Jan 12, 2016 at 9:28 AM
We're just done implementing tinymce - beta will be out this week, check by blogs on 2sxc.org/blogs