Cant delete item from list. Get a 404 error RemoveFromList

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:44 AM
I have an app built in DNN 7.4.0 and 2 SXC 7.2.3

When I try to delete an item from a list via the green remove button I get an error that the resource cannot be found and this in the js console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
The file is:
http://XXXXXXXX.co.nz/DesktopModules/2sxc/API/view/Module/RemoveFromList

There is no 2sxc folder inside the DesktopModules directory?

Is there a way to fix this error?

Many thnaks!
Oct 1, 2015 at 1:02 PM
@Duo - you're chasing the wrong error - these folders don't exist - the API-URLs are fake and simply serve to help the server find the api-endpoint.
Oct 1, 2015 at 8:52 PM
So any thoughts on why it would be throwing a 404 on an API URL? A bugged install or could it be from another script in the skin? I really have no idea, it's also not letting me delete from the items view in the admin > content types screen.
Oct 2, 2015 at 7:23 AM
There are a few possibilities. A common one would be an unexpected redirect, so that the error actually comes from a different address than the end point you think is causing the error. Watch the session with fiddler and then get back with more detailed infos
Dec 8, 2015 at 6:02 AM
I just upgraded this install to 7.4.2 and 2sxc 8.0.7 but still have this issue of not being able to use the Remove From List link. Fiddler told me nothing more than the error in console did. Would live to get this one sorted if possible. Does anyone have the same issue?
Dec 8, 2015 at 7:18 AM
We're currently not placing any resources on DNN 8 yet, as it will still take a while to come out and when it does, nobody will immediately use it in a live system.

Once it's out (probably January), we'll look into it. Before that we would appreciate contributes but won't delve into it yet.
Dec 8, 2015 at 7:52 AM
Edited Dec 8, 2015 at 7:52 AM
It is DNN 7.4.2, I upgraded 2sxc to version 8 not DNN in the hope it would fix the error but I've had to roll the site back as 8.0.7 had issues which I have mentioned in another discussion.

So it's running DNN 7.4.2 and 2sxc 7.2.3