Duplicate and entity?

Sep 16, 2015 at 4:54 PM
Is there a way to duplicate an entity? Copy or Save As?

I have an entity with a number of fields, and I would like to have copies with minor changes to a few of the fields.
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2015 at 8:18 AM
Not yet :)

I guess it will become easier to implement once 2sxc 7.3 is out when everything is angularjs instead of webforms. but ATM not on our list.
Oct 30, 2015 at 9:31 PM
Bump!!!

I imagine going to "Replace with other content" and being able to check a box "Clone entity".

This would be quite useful, because many times our users don't want to edit all instances of an entity site-wide. They just want to clone a content entity so the changes only reflect in that instance of the app.
Nov 4, 2015 at 6:42 AM
Hi

You should check out version 8

copy-entity feature
copy-entity in replace-with-existing

http://2sxc.org/en/Blog/post/announcing-2sxc-8-on-back-to-the-future-day-2015-10-21
Nov 4, 2015 at 1:01 PM
@nokiko, that's good news! Will definitely check it out. Is 8 pretty stable with the latest version of DNN?
Nov 4, 2015 at 1:05 PM
Hi

Yeah I have tried it as clean install and it looks very stable. Have not tried an update yet. You will have to get used to it as the UI is also completely redone so it looks different in the beginning but is works faster and smoother in the whole editing department

Armand