Error when clicking Content-type type settings.

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:30 PM
When I create a new content type and add a few types to it and save it all works.

But when I go back in to edit general or specific type settings I get an error:
"A critical error has occurred. Please check the Event Viewer for further details."

When I check the event viewer this is what it says:

AbsoluteURL:/Default.aspx

DefaultDataProvider:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke

ExceptionGUID:21c4f923-7b2a-4e3f-9546-ae419a3dd122

AssemblyVersion:8.1.0

PortalId:0

UserId:1

TabId:55

RawUrl:/Home/ctl/eavmanagement/mid/440/AppID/5?popUp=true&ManagementMode=NewItem&AttributeSetId=131&keyNumber=329&keyGuid=&AssignmentObjectTypeId=2&ReturnUrl=http%3a%2f%2fnmm%2fHome%2fctl%2feavmanagement%2fmid%2f440%2fAppID%2f5%3fpopUp%3dtrue%26ManagementMode%3dConte

Referrer:http://nmm/Home/ctl/eavmanagement/mid/440/AppID/5?popUp=true&ManagementMode=ContentTypeFields&AttributeSetId=160

UserAgent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0

ExceptionHash:E5dwCojH0o+5qnlPcCpT/w==

StackTrace:

InnerMessage:Nullable object must have a value.

InnerStackTrace:

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at ToSic.Eav.ManagementUI.EavManagement.OnInit(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)
   at ToSic.SexyContent.EAVManagement.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Source:

FileName:

FileLineNumber:0

FileColumnNumber:0

Method:

Server Name: DESKTOP-P18A5EJ
I am using 2sxc 7.2.3 and I also tried 7.2.2 just in case there was a problem with the latest version. I also tried this a few times in a fresh install of Evoq just in case there was a conflicting module on my original instance.

I am new to Evoq/DNN and this seems like the kind of module I need but if I can't edit content types I can't set anything up.

Any ideas why this would be happening?
Sep 9, 2015 at 7:22 AM
Hi

Try to take the url from the error and enter it in the browser this time just remove the returnurl section ( in dnn 74 there is an issue that recognizes the query string values in the returnurl as query string values for the full url, thus generating unwanted results.

so try this: Home/ctl/eavmanagement/mid/440/AppID/5?popUp=true&ManagementMode=NewItem&AttributeSetId=131&keyNumber=329&keyGuid=&AssignmentObjectTypeId=2

I had the same as you some days ago and this solved it. Its a known issue and there should be an update to 2sxc coming soon where this should be fixed ( although it should be fixed by dnn )

for now just use the dnn 734 as your dnn of choice that is the most stable at the moment

Armand
2DNN
Your friendly non official 2SXC support
Marked as answer by regorica on 9/14/2015 at 7:46 AM
Sep 9, 2015 at 3:26 PM
Armand,

Awesome! That works. Anyway I can turn off a setting or something for the time being so I don't have to keep going back to the Event Viewer every time I need to set something up.

I have about 10 content types I need to set up today and I have a feeling it's going to take me a while if I have to keep editing URLs.

Let me know if you have found a quick cheat for this.

Thanks so much.