Link two instances of an app together?

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:04 PM
Hi all,

It's been quite a ride this week as I've played with 2sxc and developed my first app! I'd like to provide my app on two different pages - one for readers and one for admins. I have separate Razor C# templates for them. Is there an easy way of sharing the data between the two app instances?
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Could you give more specifics what you're trying to do? Is the backend a general-admin or should it be for exactly the instance data?

Another way to ask the question: is the admin simply a different view for the identical extract of items, or is the admin more a full-list of items to manage across instances?
Aug 24, 2015 at 12:00 PM
Edited Sep 8, 2015 at 5:22 PM
It would be an admin view of the same info. I was just thinking of making a custom view to review current list items and amend them, although I could just get the team to use the built-in functions combined with your permission functions. I'm guessing I'd make use of the moduleID token or query all items of this content type across the portal.

Edit: Now that the Visual Designer is working I've been able to do this easily by creating a new query which pulls from iCache > EntityType Filter > View/Template. This allows me to pull all entities of the type I'd configured in my app, regardless of module.
Marked as answer by jlscott on 9/8/2015 at 10:22 AM