DNN Exceptions table huge due to search crawler error

Jul 27, 2015 at 9:45 PM
I have a site on DNN 7.4.0 and 2sxc 7.1.1. The database blew out to 4 gig and the culprit seems to be vast amounts of exceptions in the database as per below:

AbsoluteURL:
DefaultDataProvider:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke
ExceptionGUID:85d7ec9f-27eb-4bda-b80d-dd465bb379b3
AssemblyVersion:
PortalId:-1
UserId:-1
TabId:-1
RawUrl:
Referrer:
UserAgent:
ExceptionHash:MYevOXJ6MRBVrAOWYy2E6g==
Message:Search: Error while indexing module 561 on tab 114, portal 0
StackTrace:
at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyContent.GetModifiedSearchDocuments(ModuleInfo moduleInfo, DateTime beginDate)
at DotNetNuke.Services.Search.ModuleIndexer.GetSearchDocuments(Int32 portalId, DateTime startDateLocal)
InnerMessage:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
InnerStackTrace:
at ToSic.SexyContent.Search.SearchController.<>c__DisplayClassd.b__3(IEntity entity)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.<>c__DisplayClass123.b__11(TSource x)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable1 collection)
at System.Collections.Generic.List1.AddRange(IEnumerable1 collection)
at ToSic.SexyContent.Search.SearchController.GetModifiedSearchDocuments(ModuleInfo moduleInfo, DateTime beginDate)
at ToSic.SexyContent.SexyContent.GetModifiedSearchDocuments(ModuleInfo moduleInfo, DateTime beginDate)
Source:ToSic.SexyContent
FileName:
FileLineNumber:0
FileColumnNumber:0
Method:

This occurs for every instance of the module used through the site and left unfixed would probably result in a server crash. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,
Andrew

PS, have upgraded to the latest 7.2 version but still have the errors
Aug 5, 2015 at 6:51 AM
Sorry about the errors - not quite sure where it breaks.

In general though, the events-table overflow is a very common DNN issue. It's best practice to clean up that table with the schedule-service in DNN, best to check that out to reduce the impact immediately.
Aug 5, 2015 at 6:59 AM
I've had to disable the search crawler in the DNN scheduler because the amount of these errors being logged is vast. But I need to have the search scheduler enabled as the site has a search function.
Aug 5, 2015 at 8:01 AM
You can clear the old events-entries automatically with the scheduler. that's what I mean.