Page URL rewrite

Apr 22, 2015 at 11:48 PM
Hi there, I'm experimenting with the power of the basic parent child template example. It's my first time with Razor templates, I've managed to get the items title set as the page title on the details page but I'm wondering if there is any way in the razor template to rewrite the page url so it also reflects the items title for SEO purposes?
Apr 23, 2015 at 9:51 AM
Yes, very easy

Mainly the details-page has to be able to pick up this url and based on that, find the item. So the easiest way is to use ID + Title in the URL. then use the id for finding the content-item
Apr 28, 2015 at 2:02 AM
Hmm, OK thanks very much for that, do you know if there are any examples of this in the wild I could refer to? At the moment I get the details page which I called Answer showing as

/Answer?id=755

I would like to end up with

/ItemTitle

as the URL or something similar, but not quite sure how to get there.
Apr 28, 2015 at 6:53 AM
The simplest way is with /Answer/specialkeyword/755/ItemTitle

SpecialKeyword is usually an SEO term, like if you're creating a cooking FAQ this could be CookTip/755

DNN will internally rewrite it to behave like Answer?Cooktip=755

The other way requires you to look for the title in all items. This can be done with a ValueFilter but I don't have an example quite ready. In 2sxc 7.0 you will be able to do this in the visual designer, but that will take another2-3 weeks.