Please, please remove the "Sexy"

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:41 PM
I really love using this module. Unfortunately, my clients are typically turned off by the "2Sexy" name (no pun intended). If they go to the Admin, they see 2Sexy and it makes us all look unprofessional in the US market. I find myself going through the resource files searching for sexy and replacing it.

It would be great if you guys could change the name in any part a content administrator would see, and to a lesser degree the code itself. I have a deep respect for the origins of this module and understand that you did take a step towards this recently with going to 2sic instead of 2sexy. However, I think changing the brand of the module will open itself up to further adoption.

Thank you for taking this into consideration. Perhaps a naming content?
Apr 2, 2015 at 5:46 AM
Actually we're replacing 2sexy with 2sxc whenever we find it. So if there are still important places we overlooked, please put a list here and we'll try to replace all visible occurances. We believe that with 2sxc it shouldn't hurt any more.
Apr 2, 2015 at 2:02 PM
Even so, "2sxc" is borderline appropriate. While It doesn't "hurt", it's still not professional enough for us to use for all customers. Please take it into further consideration. I know that Americans can be prudish but it does reflect poorly on us to deliver a product that is less than professional. If there was a paid/professional version, we would gladly pay $100.

Anyways, here are a couple spots where I have found sexy...

Admin screen, getting started tab
Sample Content
  • Simple content
  • video content
I haven't looked too far at the sample apps.

Thanks - you guys rock!
Apr 2, 2015 at 2:46 PM
I understand :).
Just pronounce it 2-s-x-c and you'll be fine :).
Jun 17, 2015 at 9:16 PM
Just installed latest version and it installed to DesktopModules\ToSIC_SexyContent

Can you update that?

Until then, if we edit the manifest (on new installs) would it cause any issues?
Coordinator
Jun 18, 2015 at 5:48 AM
That's a hard one to update because it's already in many installations. The end-user doesn't see it, so it's not on our focus.

Can you change it yourself? I honestly don't know. I believe it will cause some issues but you'll have to try. DNN-Modulefolders usually don't change, so there is no special mechanism to compensate for that.
Jul 14, 2015 at 4:35 PM
Latest version still uses Sexy Content on the admin screen for content apps.