2sxc not responsive?

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:34 AM
Edited Jan 20, 2015 at 11:15 AM
Hi,

I have installed the latest version 06.06.06 but the module and it´s content is not responsive.

What am I missing?

Our skin is using Bootstrap 3.2. Is that a problem?

Regards,
Christer
Coordinator
Jan 21, 2015 at 6:12 AM
Hi Christer

There is no 6.6.6 - do you have 6.6.0?

You must be having some problems with CSS, most likely not related to 2sxc. Is there a demo link?

Thanks, Daniel
Jan 26, 2015 at 10:12 PM
Hi Daniel,

Yes it is 6.6.0 sorry for the typo.
I am experiencing the same issue with two different test-sites/skins.
Skins from top-selling vendor and no critical issues with other modules.
Image and Video seems to work but not person and adress lists.
You can find 2sic test content installed on this page.
Maybe you need login?

For some reason email from codeplex was delayed. Therefore late response.

Please advise.

Kind regards,
Christer

2015-01-26 22:43 GMT+01:00 2sicDev <[email removed]>:

Hi Christer

There is no 6.6.6 - do you have 6.6.0?

You must be having some problems with CSS, most likely not related to 2sxc. Is there a demo link?

Thanks, Daniel

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:30 AM
well for the person list I do see the issue i see various overflow:hidden in your css you should remove that or else responsiveness wont work

same for the address list I see overflow:hidden there but I also dont see any css that tells it to break on small devices. so it will scale down as much as possible but because the long text can not break you see it overlapping the borders
Jan 27, 2015 at 7:33 AM
Hi,

OK thanks I will talk to the skin developer.

/ Christer

2015-01-27 8:30 GMT+01:00 nokiko <[email removed]>:

well for the person list I do see the issue i see various overflow:hidden in your css you should remove that or else responsiveness wont work

same for the address list I see overflow:hidden there but I also dont see any css that tells it to break on small devices. so it will scale down as much as possible but because the long text can not break you see it overlapping the borders

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:00 PM
Hello,

I forwarded this to the skin developer and asked them if they could fix their CSS. Here is their response:

"Some of the css codes in this module cannot work with responsiveness.
So that some issues will occur in mobile. We advise you to ask the developer of this module if there is a responsive version."

The 2sxc module is installed in my test site here:
http://staging.bedingegk.se/TEST/tabid/3340/Default.aspx

And it is not responsive. Skin, module or both issue?

Please advise.

/Christer
Feb 11, 2015 at 10:18 PM
well s2xc outputs the code you want so you can make it responsive if you want to

the person list has no mobile breakpoints other then makign it smaller and smaller and have an oveflow hidden ( if you dont have breakpoints setup and overflow hidden is i your css if the content is too long it just hides

same looks to be in the adress list i see overflow hidden here as well in css ( rule of thumb never have overflow hidden in responsive designs )

the adress list on mobile should also not be in columns but below eachother as there is just no reason or room for having very small content side by side

http://2dnn7.com/skin038/Events/tabid/2065/Default.aspx

as for 2sxc not being responsive, check this the homepage all 2sxc and its fully reponsive, same goes for the event calendar also 2sxc also fully reponsive

on think i had issues with was that the entire content was wrapped in a div with a class sc-viewport and sometimes this causes issues if you have a very clean html setup and css for the exact nested level but this also is not the case with your skin
Feb 12, 2015 at 7:32 AM
Hi,

Since I am a site producer and administrator and not a web-developer my knowhow when it comes to CSS etc. is limited.
I like the whole idea and concept with 2sxc module and would really like to use it, but maybe I am wrong with seeing it as any DNN module. Maybe it should be just seen as a tool for developers who want to take it into their toolbox and portfolio.

I do not understand what yo mean with
"the adress list on mobile should also not be in columns but below eachother as there is just no reason or room for having very small content side by side"

Kind regards,
/Christer
Feb 13, 2015 at 6:50 AM
in short

i don't really consider this a good responsive design as all it does for the main content like the person cards it just scale down and the minute content does not fix it falls outside of the content ( overfow:hidden )

same goes for the adress blocks, it just scales down and down and because word cant get broken of automatically if there is no space there comes a time the conten flows outdie the styling of the wrapper

for instance check here

scoll down to the meet a team ection

it starts with 4 in a row and when you scale the sit down it goes to 2 in a row for tablets and then all of the items below eachother for mobie view
Feb 13, 2015 at 7:19 AM
Hi Armand,

Yes, this is of course the way it should work, as in your example. And I like the design you have in your skins.

But since I am not a web developer or designer I do not understand if this is an issue with the 2sxc module or the skin? Where should it be "fixed" to work as in your example according to best practices?

Christer

2015-02-13 8:50 GMT+01:00 nokiko <[email removed]>:

in short

i don't really consider this a good responsive design as all it does for the main content like the person cards it just scale down and the minute content does not fix it falls outside of the content ( overfow:hidden )

same goes for the adress blocks, it just scales down and down and because word cant get broken of automatically if there is no space there comes a time the conten flows outdie the styling of the wrapper

for instance check here

scoll down to the meet a team ection

it starts with 4 in a row and when you scale the sit down it goes to 2 in a row for tablets and then all of the items below eachother for mobie view

Feb 13, 2015 at 7:25 AM
thsi should be modified in your skin
Feb 13, 2015 at 7:38 AM
ok thanks
I will talk to the skin developer again.
What is "interesting" to me as a DNN superuser/admin/producer is that this is a skin from one of the best selling skin developers on DNN store.
/Christer

2015-02-13 9:26 GMT+01:00 nokiko <[email removed]>:

thsi should be modified in your skin

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:31 AM
Edited Feb 13, 2015 at 9:32 AM
off topic

I have some products I did in my free time and they are on the store, but seeing the amount of sales i had and even made it in the top seller list once ( I was surpised about the low amount needed ) and the amount of sales its needed i prefer my private cleints who do appreciate quality over unlimited this or unlimited that. I have been on the store for a long time and compared to other market stores it seems like best sellers are based on features instead of quality. I even asked some of my premium wordpress theme developer friends why they didnt try dnn ( main reason was the market there is more wordpress than dnn and the other one was quality control , if you look at how rigorous other theme markets enforce quality control on the dnn store everything goes and if you compare this to the themeforest wordpress section i would say 10% to 20% of what is currently available as dnn themes would be accepted there and this ( at least in the past ) diluted the market there a bit, the reason dnn had the name of crappy and cookie cutter skin because that was what everyone saw, the theme market not the custom skins that were done

just my 2 cnts wont discuss that here any further, just 2sxc from here on ;)