2sxc designers

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:55 AM
Please point me to something that documents this security role.
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2015 at 8:00 AM
try this
Jan 20, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Here's my issue.

I have a content type JobCategory.

I display this as a list with a Razor template that shows the list of job categories in alphabetical order.

I have given my Job Administrator category permission to edit the module, so they can edit existing job categories, and also create new ones. (They can also change content and template -- I wish I could turn that part off, though.)

What they cannot do is delete a job category. The only way that I can see doing that with the Razor list is to be a superuser, go to Admin, and delete content items that way.

Am I missing something? (The Content.Toolbar only gives new and edit options. Since I don't have a "list" but am building it in the template using CreateSource<ValueSort>(App.Data["jobCategory"]), I don't see how to delete.)
Jan 21, 2015 at 2:37 AM
I found a solution to part of this.

But ... a Job Administrator can create new jobs, but can't DELETE them. How can I accomplish that?
Coordinator
Jan 21, 2015 at 7:15 AM
HI Craig

Basically you want to let the admin really admin your data - but not really admin the module :).

The easiest way is to create a minimal admin-UI and perform the delete through WebAPI - just like demoed in this simple App or the more advanced AngularJS version.

In general all WebAPI demoes are here and I wrote a bunch of blogs on them on dnn-connect and dnnsoftware.
Marked as answer by jncraig on 1/22/2015 at 10:02 AM
Jan 22, 2015 at 6:02 PM
Thanks.