jQuery issue

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:17 AM
I have installed 2sxc 6.5.2 in an installation of Evoq Content Enterprise 7.3.4 (45).

When I install a Content module on a page, I do not see the normal dropdowns to select the Content Type and Template. I only see the Change Template/Layout and Admin items in the module's Action menu.

Clicking on the Admin option is fine.

Clicking on the Change Template/Layout results in nothing happening and an error being shown in the browser's Console window:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'manage' of null at 2sxc.api.manage.js on line 5

I have no errors logged in the Event Log.

Can someone help me or give me some pointers to debugging this problem.

(I do have the same version of 2sxc installed on a separate DNN Community 7.3.4 and do not have this problem.)
Coordinator
Jan 13, 2015 at 7:10 AM
It appears that the blue bar (created in AngularJS and loading the list through WebAPI) fails to load.

I guess the interesting questions are: does it retrieve the list, and fail then, or does it fail before, or does the list fail to deliver?

Please find that out (using fiddler) and tell me. I'm guessing that some template-metadata is missing something (and therefor the web-api returns an error).
Jan 14, 2015 at 8:14 PM
I'm not entirely sure what I should be looking for, but ... there are only 200 and 304 status results.

Interestingly, this is the only request that I see that references /DesktopModules/ToSic_SexyContent
Result  Protocol    Host    URL Body    Caching Content-Type    Process Comments    Custom  
5 304 HTTP test02.nada.com /b2b/DesktopModules/ToSIC_SexyContent/module.css?cdv=127 0 chrome:5992

What should I be hoping to see?
Jan 15, 2015 at 12:28 AM
I have identified another module that's loading a version of angular.js (v 1.2.5). Is that likely to be the problem?
Coordinator
Jan 15, 2015 at 6:34 AM
very likely this is your problem.
Please run 2-3 tests with/without the additional angularjs
Feb 9, 2015 at 2:12 AM
Hi,

I am getting the exact same error. I don't believe there are other modules using angular, I guess there might be, but quite keen to solve the problem please as we can't edit anything at the moment.

DNN 07.03.01, ToSIC_SexyContent 6.6
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2015 at 1:32 PM
This is hard to guess from here. @dmsit: could you send us a demo-link with login to info at 2sxc.org?
Feb 11, 2015 at 1:11 AM

Hi,

Was hoping you might have had something we could try ourselves from the previous poster who had the same problem, but I will ask for authorization for an account for you. May not be possible though. Can confirm it wasn’t an issue with DNN 7.03.01 and ToSIC_SexyContent 6.1.5

thanks

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2015 at 6:40 AM
As to dnn 7.3.1 and 2sxc 6.1.5 - I have no ideal. 7.3 didn't cause many issues, but 2sxc 6.1 is a bit old. But previously you wrote 2sxc 6.6 - which would be the newest version.

I recommend you upgrade 2sxc before sending me login data.
Feb 11, 2015 at 9:52 PM

Yes we did upgrade, that’s when we found the issue. Our current version is 6.6, we upgraded from 6.1

We’ve found an error, it’s /DesktopModules/ToSIC_SexyContent/Js/AngularJS/angular.min.js.map 404 (Not Found) but that looks to be unrelated

The detail of the when the ‘EDIT’ function is clicked is

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'manage' of null2sxc.api.manage.js?cdv=163:5 $2sxc.getManageController2sxc.api.js?cdv=163:91 window.$2sxc2sxc.DnnActionMenuMapper.js?cdv=163:12 editVM3832:1 (anonymous function)

Referring to:
var manageInfo = $.parseJSON(moduleElement.find('.Mod2sxcC, .Mod2sxcappC').attr('data-2sxc')).manage;

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2015 at 7:30 AM
the first error min.js.map is a debugging helper, you can ignore that.

the second one is more interesting. Basically it's missing some configuration info which should be available.

My guess: you are probably not in edit mode. In edit mode the system adds data-attributes to the wrapper like this

<!-- Start_Module_421 --><div id="dnn_ctr421_ModuleContent" data-2sxc-globals="{&quot;ModuleContext&quot;:{&quot;PortalId&quot;:0,&quot;TabId&quot;:56,&quot;ModuleId&quot;:421,&quot;AppId&quot;:2},&quot;FullUrl&quot;:&quot;http://2sxc.org/en/&quot;,&quot;ApplicationPath&quot;:&quot;http://2sxc.org/en/&quot;}" data-2sxc="{&quot;moduleId&quot;:421,&quot;manage&quot;:{&quot;isEditMode&quot;:true,&quot;templateChooserVisible&quot;:false,&quot;hasContent&quot;:true,&quot;isContentApp&quot;:true,&quot;appId&quot;:2,&quot;isList&quot;:false,&quot;templateId&quot;:1,&quot;config&quot;:{&quot;portalId&quot;:0,&quot;tabId&quot;:56,&quot;moduleId&quot;:421,&quot;contentGroupId&quot;:421,&quot;dialogUrl&quot;:&quot;http://2sxc.org/en/&quot;,&quot;returnUrl&quot;:&quot;/en/&quot;,&quot;appPath&quot;:&quot;/Portals/0/2sxc/Content&quot;,&quot;cultureDimension&quot;:null,&quot;isList&quot;:false}}}" class="DNNModuleContent Mod2sxcC">
and it needs these to automatically figure out how to communicate with the server (for ajax calls) and for IDs.

But they are only added when in edit more. could you check that?
May 13, 2015 at 2:57 PM
Hi,

We're having this issue with v7.0.2 on DNN 7.4.0. We are in edit mode and can see similar content as you posted above in the source but the template chooser isn't shown and the Admin link from the action menu fails in the same way as above. Is there a resolve to this?

Many thanks.
Coordinator
May 18, 2015 at 7:18 AM
@koolworld
please start a new thread as this is old and related to very different versions of the software.