help/suggestion needed

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Hi

I build a nice knowledge base app for a client but now the single links setup they have does not work anymore. The would like to have a treeview for there categories

Any pointer/examples on how I could setup a category entity and template setup to mimic a n-level category or a better way to set this up

thanks

Armand
Dec 16, 2014 at 6:22 AM
Hi Armand

In general knowledge bases benefit more from tagging then any kind of trees. we do that a lot with 2sxc, like on here: http://www.ricardo.ch/magazin/

If you really want a tree, my question is "what is it for". Is it just a way of presenting the category selection (then a simple ParentCategory field would build all necessary relationships). Or is there an expectation, that anything in a subcategory is automatically in a main category?

Thanks,
Daniel

PS: but again, I would go for tagging. Trees usually don't really deliver what the customer thinks he wants.
Dec 16, 2014 at 6:53 AM
Hi Daniel

Yeah I think tagging would be better, I see you have a tagcloud display on ricardo do you have some sample code on how to set that up ?

Armand
Developer
Dec 18, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Hi Armand

When I remember correctly, the tag cloud on ricardo is not generated dynamically because the customer must be able to choose which tags are displayed in which size.

Raphael