How do I display a list of items and group them under specific headings?

Sep 19, 2014 at 10:59 PM
I have a table of content that I want to display. It looks sort of like this:

Introductory Package
Postural Evaluation $280
Private Sessions
One Pass $76
Five Passes $360
Ten Passes $700
Semi Private Session (per person)
One Pass $45
Five Passes $200
Ten Passes $350

I would prefer to keep this entire table in one module. There are 3 types of classes (introductory, private, semi-private). And then Private and Semi Private each have 3 choices.

The content editor should be able to edit the types of classes as well as the choices in each row). How do I set up the content type and template to organize the table like this?
Sep 19, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Edited Sep 19, 2014 at 11:13 PM
take a look at these examples (number 6 has 2 ways )
Sep 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Thanks, but these examples are hard to understand. And they don't show me how the content types are set up. It looks like the second example, "Get categories with relating (parent) courses" is exactly what I need but it's really unclear on how to set it up. Any advice?
Sep 20, 2014 at 7:31 AM
just download the corresponding app
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2014 at 7:32 AM
@dnnsuperfan
I also recommend: just try the app, most things should become clear. Grouping is something where many roads lead to rome - I've even thought of writing a blog just about this. In short you have at least these options
  1. Get all items, sort by group-id, output all and whenever the group-id changes, add a header (a bit classic ASP-style)
  2. get all items, use Linq-group by, then iterate through the groups and in that iterate through the items
  3. Get all groups (for example, your content could actually just contain a list of groups) and then use relationship-navigation to find each groups items...
So many ways exist - all of them would probably work for every scenario, but they feel confusing if you're missing some background. For example, #2 requires some minimal LINQ skills which not everybody has, while #3 requires some understanding of data relationships.

So I agree with nokiko - please install the app, look at the way it's done and if you're still stuck, post another question.

Love from Switzerland
Daniel
Sep 22, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Thanks. I'll give it a shot.