New, need a good starting place for a specific type of content.

Sep 5, 2014 at 1:16 AM
I am new to 2sexyContent, but I am sure I will love it once I figure out how to use it. I specifically need to:
  1. display an image of members in a grid of 3 - 4 people per row with captions, and a link to their bio page. (Ideally, I could do this in groups defined by security roles in DNN. People assigned to a security group "A" on group "A" page with pagination as more were added. )
  2. I would love to be able to add donate links to each person that would go a form for that. I would love to be able to integrate into a shopping cart.
  3. Preferably I could automate that when I add new members to the group on the content grid or add the template to a pane on the page, a new empty child page with predefined content layout would also be created.
Can this application do that? Can you point me in the right direction to make sense of it so I can develop something like that using 2sexyContent? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Beth V
Sep 5, 2014 at 6:33 AM
HI Beth

Let me answer point by point ( In my answer I assume you have some html js and coding experince )

Yes you can to create a 4 column structure ( if you are using bootstrap ) with my code on this page

For the master detail setup you could start by looking at this example

for the security groups you an setup another entity and use this in the presentation settings of you page so you can add the module to the various pages and in the presentation settings you set which category you want to show

another option for the above would be filter the content using javascript to set up a category navigation but this will make tha page slower if you have lots of content and images ( i have an example app for this setup coming out but have to find time to release it )

for, there is no option with this in 2sxc but you could use another form module like form and list and setup a for m there that uses some querystring parameters you pass from the button on the 2sxc page to the form page

automate, well not directly automation but you cou;d instead of going for the content entity route you could use the sql otption and query the roles and users table
you would have a tempalte that creates the group navigation clicking it would open the group page with an id and on that page you have a temaplte that shows all the users of that role and clicking on a user would open the user page and on that page you have tempalte that renders the user data

Main thing here is play with the examples and by using these examples you get the idea of how to make your own apps, thats the same way I started

Armand
2DNN
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2014 at 7:29 AM
@nokiko: thanks for your contribution!

@Beth: I'm not 100% sure as to what your doing - and would contribute some extra advice if I were. Since you're already describing a technical implementation (I want 4 people in a row...) it's hard to figure out what you're actually going for - especially with the "security group" mentioned.

Could you describe what you're actually trying to do in a less technical way? like "I have members that filled in their bio and they would like to receive donations..." something like that? It would help to give you more specific advice.

Love from Switzerland, Daniel