content type data acreoss portals with app template

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Is there a possibility to have an app template that takes data from a specific content type but also across portals

So i have an app called banner with content type banner

In separate portals ( main, marketing, sales ) i add banners but there has been a request to be able to reuse these banners across portals

so if i create a banner for the homepage of the main site people want to be able to usee this as an item for the banner on the marketing site as well.

My idea for this was to add an input option to the banner type and in the template i would just check which portal it is in and based on that it would show or not .

Is there an option to have en entitytype filter that spans data across all the portals and not just the current one?
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Hi nokiko

Not specifically, no. The concept really "ends" in a specific portal to prevent side-effects, improve caching and more.

but... you can Access data from another app/portal. In such a scenario you could easily manage all material from a master portal, and create a mini-app where you specify filter-criteria o then show a subset on a sub-portal.

Good luck :)
iJungleboy