import / export sample zip

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Hi

I like the import export but is there more documentation about this

Especially how to package it.

I can import and export content type and template with the xml file but I always have to manually copy over the cshtml files. I tried looking at some of the apps tempaltes and xml but I cant get it to upload my cshtml files as one batch.

I can upload a zip with the xml and also the cshtml file. this uploads correctly and I see the temaplte as well as the contenttype but it does no uppload the cshtml file ( I am using host as location )

Do you have a sample one field contenttype with basic razor tempalte and how I should package it so that it uploads correctly so I dont have to manually upload the cshtml files each time?
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Edited Apr 5, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Hi Nokiko

A simple example is to create a ZIP like the default download package. From that you can guess the structure.

BTW: This "partial" import/export will become less important in the future, because everything that is more complex will usually be bundled as an app, and will export everything in one go. This already works :). If you're interested, go give the newest beta on Github a try.

We're not publishing it on codeplex yet, because we want to fix a few more details which are important for app-developers, but the functionality incl. import/export already works well in the current beta.

Thanks,
Daniel
Apr 23, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Edited Apr 23, 2014 at 12:33 PM
edit: found the installer
Apr 23, 2014 at 2:16 PM
The app thing looks nice

I also got my own package done using the getting started one as reference.