Copy Data

Mar 17, 2014 at 6:33 PM
I have a problem where the user often creates new content that is slightly different from the old content. The old content needs to remain in place.

When I do this, I open the old item, copy each field to a text editor, close the current item, create a new item, paste data into each field of a new item, and edit. This isn't too bad if you are dealing with one or two data fields but when you have a bunch, this gets time consuming and annoying.

Maybe I just overlooked the option...
Is there an easy way to copy content?
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2014 at 6:36 AM
Hi RacerNerd

No, this option doesn't exist yet. We're currently working on import/export, which is not quite the same thing but solves many problems. Will be released in 6.0 beta - most likely within a few days.
Mar 18, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Yeah I like the same as well

Would be great if we click the + icon in front of exciting content it will replicate that content instead of just adding the initial content

Armand
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2014 at 11:50 AM
We'll think about it. I'm certain that many users wouldn't want the copy-this feature, so it'll get a bit complex.
ATM we're focused on getting 6.0 out of beta, so no room for new wishes right now :)

We would appreciate some beta-testers and app-developers. Wanna join?
Mar 18, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Sure I am happy to help
Mar 18, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Would it be an option to use the replace with other content option, just have an extra button that loads the same but you can save it as a separate item
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2014 at 1:10 PM
not that simple :)
but I understand.
BTW: there is a new feature called "prefill" - it's still beta, but might solve some needs: Prefill